Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hacker Seeking Advice For B/W Version Hack

New Hacker Seeking Advice For B/W Version Hack

Hey everyone, I'm new to hacking, and by new, I mean I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing. All I know is that I have an idea for a hack, and it's REALLY awesome. However, I have run into several setbacks so far, primarily, I have absolutely no clue what anything is. I already have an emulator and a White version ROM, but I don't know how to edit it.

So, what tools should I use for this? I need a tools for changing trainer sprites, overworld sprites, dialogue, evolution methods, adding Pokemon, editing the mart, and anything you can think of that I missed.

So, if any of you could give me some advice on tools and how to use them, I'd really appreciate it, and I plan to keep you all updated on hack progress once I begin!

Re: New Hacker Seeking Advice For B/W Version Hack

You can't edit B/W games' trainer sprites, overworld sprites nor add Pokémon or edit the mart.. It's even hard to change the wild Pokémon, as you'll have to do so with a hex editor.

You might want to start easier with a Diamond / Pearl hack, which has more tools available, or maybe even a GBA hack - even more available tools.

Some people are still working on new tools for B/W, so you need some patience. But new Pokémon... you'll never be able to add them, I'm afraid, especially not if you're just a beginner (no offence).

Full Version!
    OUT SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnite View Post
    You can't edit B/W games' trainer sprites, overworld sprites nor add Pokémon or edit the mart.. It's even hard to change the wild Pokémon, as you'll have to do so with a hex editor.

You might want to start easier with a Diamond / Pearl hack, which has more tools available, or maybe even a GBA hack - even more available tools.

Some people are still working on new tools for B/W, so you need some patience. But new Pokémon... you'll never be able to add them, I'm afraid, especially not if you're just a beginner (no offence).
    No offense taken, I had a feeling this game would be hard to edit, and thanks letting me know that. Hopefully by the time I'm done learning how to hack, B/W tools will be available. =3

Eater of Orange berries! boktor666's Avatar

So, it's not possible to change overworlds yet? How about Mugshots with the VS screens, like the start of a gym leader battle. Will that be possible? (By means, i mean any kind of sprite hack/change. I succesfully edited some text, but sprites?)
    Helping Translating Pokemon Black and White in Dutch and English

Quote Originally Posted by boktor666 View Post
    So, it's not possible to change overworlds yet? How about Mugshots with the VS screens, like the start of a gym leader battle. Will that be possible? (By means, i mean any kind of sprite hack/change. I succesfully edited some text, but sprites?)
    Actually, someone managed to hack the Trainer Sprites, the Overworld Sprites and the Mugshot Sprite, as seen here. He doesn't give away how to edit it, though.

Nobody else on the Pokémon hacking community managed to do this, which means it's quite hard to do (especially if you're a beginner).

Full Version!
    OUT SOON!

I know it ... yeah i happy i can edit that , but i know is hard to tell one by one ==" someone angry with me because i know he secret =="

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnite View Post
    Actually, someone managed to hack the Trainer Sprites, the Overworld Sprites and the Mugshot Sprite, as seen here. He doesn't give away how to edit it, though.

Nobody else on the Pokémon hacking community managed to do this, which means it's quite hard to do (especially if you're a beginner).
    Actually as far as I know any kind of overworld sprites editing is not yet possible as for that video, they themselves tell you the tools used in the video's description. (Kazo's BW Trainer Editor)
    That's why all that was changed was the Trainer type (From E4 to PKMN Trainer)
    Copyright © Driven by Boredom

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarosu View Post
    Actually as far as I know any kind of overworld sprites editing is not yet possible as for that video, they themselves tell you the tools used in the video's description. (Kazo's BW Trainer Editor)
    That's why all that was changed was the Trainer type (From E4 to PKMN Trainer)
    No, the used Girl sprite in that video doesn't exist in Pokémon Black and White. Take a look at the BW Heroine, it's quite different.
    Then again how come the Girl's title is Elite Four Blue? And her Mugshot is changed as well, which doesn't appear in BW normally.

Full Version!
    OUT SOON!

You can edit anything in the ROM as long as you know where it is located and the format it is in. I could make a ton of tools for B/W if I just knew where all the narc files where for various things. That a/#/#/# stuff just blows.

Kazo, now that we know where overworld sprites, in-battle sprites, and pre-battle mugshots are all located, is that enough info for you to work your wizarding ways?

Quote Originally Posted by ryoko_ueda View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to hacking, and by new, I mean I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing. All I know is that I have an idea for a hack, and it's REALLY awesome. However, I have run into several setbacks so far, primarily, I have absolutely no clue what anything is. I already have an emulator and a White version ROM, but I don't know how to edit it.

So, what tools should I use for this? I need a tools for changing trainer sprites, overworld sprites, dialogue, evolution methods, adding Pokemon, editing the mart, and anything you can think of that I missed.

So, if any of you could give me some advice on tools and how to use them, I'd really appreciate it, and I plan to keep you all updated on hack progress once I begin!
    It would help to share your ideas here so we can get a clear idea of what you want to do with Black and White.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
    Kazo, now that we know where overworld sprites, in-battle sprites, and pre-battle mugshots are all located, is that enough info for you to work your wizarding ways?
    Maybe i need to know the format as well, so i can not promises anything, but i am willing to take a look. Can you tell me where the files are at, and maybe all other files that has been found?

Quote Originally Posted by KazoWAR View Post
    Maybe i need to know the format as well, so i can not promises anything, but i am willing to take a look. Can you tell me where the files are at, and maybe all other files that has been found?
    Kazowar, can see at http://llref.emutalk.net/docs/, maybe help you
    Spoiler

........... I delete because i was update my list......

nb: some narc are same, i don't know. some have junk sprite or byte, like logo of diamond and pearl at beginning narc. Maybe in my list have wrong data, sorry for that

[/QUOTE]sorry just this list as i can found sprite, texture, BTX files, many 3D object, some used unkown format or be encrypt? some file can viewed in console tools, can exported but not all can imported to narc file.

now i just need swarming pokemon location, legend location, stat/move/type, can someone PM to me for that ...... i need it for compare only, i have but i don't know that file for ... because i found a weird file (i can't scripting DX) o.oa

sorry for blank or mark with "??", i can see / edit that sprite but i don't know sprite is for what, used in...... is just unkown for me
    Last edited by Andibad; Apr 21st, 2011 at 01:25 AM.

Has anyone located the abilities/ level up and egg moves files? i want to modify that to make a B/W hack with a balanced metagame placing new egg/level up moves and abilities for each mon such as Volt switch and roleplay on a slaking and so on...and btw kazo could you include abilities in your B/W trainer editor? i mean if that´s possible? Im just starting to learn hacking aswell

Wyndamn, it's possible to edit abilities right now. I use CrystalTile2 to do the editing, and instructions are floating around this board somewhere. Hex editing is a bit more complicated, but the result is the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast