IR-GTS-BW Release

Making a new thread for this to avoid clogging up the GTS Research thread with questions specific to IR-GTS-BW.

Download available here. Note that IR-GTS-BW is a separate release from the GenIV version, and is currently on version 0.05, rather than 0.43.

-Japanese character support is currently unavailable - haven't been able to test what happens when you try to send a Pokemon with a Japanese nickname/OT just yet. Added a placeholder in lieu of proper Japanese character support in v0.02.

-GenIII and GenIV Pokemon files are currently unsupported.

For a list of common errors and possible solutions, see http://code.google.com/p/ir-gts/wiki/CommonIssues

Several people have been connecting to the actual GTS, despite inputting the DNS settings correctly into the DS. I'm not yet sure what is causing this, but am looking into it. Make sure the DNS settings that IR-GTS tells you to use are entered into the primary DNS slot on the DS. If you are using a USB device to connect your DS to the internet, try setting your computer's DNS to 127.0.0.1. Otherwise, try deleting all other connections in the DS settings, as it may be accessing a different network than the one IR-GTS is running on.

Also make sure that your firewall is set to allow Python. If you run into problems not covered here, let me know when it failed (e.g. after first entering the GTS room), which function you were trying to use (send/receive), the OS on your computer, and what error you're getting - preferably from Python (run from a command prompt if the window closes before you can get an error message). Also, if you're trying to send a pkm when you get the error, it'd help if you could post that as well.

NOTE: Read the Readme before asking for help. Otherwise, your request will be ignored.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Changes:

v0.01: Initial Release

v0.02: Japanese text placeholder. Now uses the PID as the nickname, and 'TRAINER' for the OT. Now removes quotation marks at the beginning and end of the filename, to make dragging and dropping easier.

v0.03: Statlog.txt now reports the correct Nature. Also reordered the IV/EV output.

v0.04: Fixed the stats generated for a 136-byte pkm file, which were broken by the previous release.

v0.05: Shows the filesize of invalid files, and detects Dream World abilities.

Edited by Infinite Recursion

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IR, as soon as I begin connecting to N WFC there is a long delay and I get "communication error, please turn off power". I believe I have entered everything correctly, and my .pkm file is fine (220 B). I think I also did everything in the cmd correctly because it says "Ready to Send..."

it says to change my DNS to 192.168.1.3, I changed both primary and secondary to 192.168.001.003 because the former will not go through. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Oi! Infinite Recursion, Thanks for putting your time, effort, and energy into this project. Thank you very much. Everything is working perfectly for me but Dragging and Dropping .pkm files into the window. Any suggestions?

IR, as soon as I begin connecting to N WFC there is a long delay and I get "communication error, please turn off power". I believe I have entered everything correctly, and my .pkm file is fine (220 B). I think I also did everything in the cmd correctly because it says "Ready to Send..."

it says to change my DNS to 192.168.1.3, I changed both primary and secondary to 192.168.001.003 because the former will not go through. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Try turning off of any Firewalls that are on your computer. I had the same problem but after I turned off my Firewall it worked.

My firewall is off... I know (or am fairly sure) that the DNS is correct because when I tried earlier and tested connection, it failed. With the DNS I put in the Test Connection is successful, but once i try to enter the GTS I get the error and am asked to turn off power

Oi! Infinite Recursion, Thanks for putting your time, effort, and energy into this project. Thank you very much. Everything is working perfectly for me but Dragging and Dropping .pkm files into the window. Any suggestions?

if you cant drag and drop type the name of the file and enter in the cmd prompt

Additional oddity: The GTS Negotiations system works perfectly despite the changed DNS. So the above issue only arises when I try to connect to the actual GTS from the menu (IR-GTS)

I realize this is definitely a problem at my end but IR do you have any clue what's up? Firewalls are down, and sendpkm for HG/SS is working without a hitch

I have been, was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to correct this issue is all =). Thanks for the hasty response Donmoosavi =)

I assume that when you drag the file into the window, it adds quotes around it? That should be a fairly easy fix if so, I'll work on adding that in soon.

Additional oddity: The GTS Negotiations system works perfectly despite the changed DNS. So the above issue only arises when I try to connect to the actual GTS from the menu (IR-GTS)

I realize this is definitely a problem at my end but IR do you have any clue what's up? Firewalls are down, and sendpkm for HG/SS is working without a hitch

Are you able to get into the room at all? I know that was a problem I had initially with the old code, but was able to fix it. Make sure that you have IR-GTS-BW, rather than IR-GTS.

Are you able to get into the room at all? I know that was a problem I had initially with the old code, but was able to fix it. Make sure that you have IR-GTS-BW, rather than IR-GTS.

...oh. Wow. Sorry, I got confused by your link, didnt read the files carefully, and picked the one with the highest version number assuming it was the most recent. Problem fixed. You are officially the man, haha. Thanks for all the wonderful work

Hm... I can't seem to change the DNS settings. The program (it's the bw one) told me to make my DNS 10.0.1.13,so I did, but when I try to test connection, it will get green bars, then they'll disappear after a little bit and I get error 52102 saying that it can't connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. I know the settings are correct and I turned off firewall like someone else said. Do you know what the problem is?

Hm... I can't seem to change the DNS settings. The program (it's the bw one) told me to make my DNS 10.0.1.13,so I did, but when I try to test connection, it will get green bars, then they'll disappear after a little bit and I get error 52102 saying that it can't connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. I know the settings are correct and I turned off firewall like someone else said. Do you know what the problem is?
it wont connect you to NFC as its using your computer as a fake GTS server so your not really connecting to NWFC it tricks the game to thinking that when you go to the GTS it wont show up when you try connect in th NWFC menu

That shouldn't be an issue, considering that I had no trouble after changing the DNS server once, and I'm getting the same error when I try to access the GTS as I do in Test Connection, resulting in the whole thing not working.

EDIT: What I'm saying then is that even though I changed the DNS settings, it's still trying to connect to NWFC and is failing at it.

Also, when I just tried making the DNS server 205.185.126.109 (the zorua one), it worked with no problems. If it matters, I haven't changed anything with my router's settings (does it have a separate firewall that needs to be taken off instead?), but it's an Airport extreme and I'm using a guest setting since that way I can connect without using a WPA code. I turned on a setting to let the guest network communicate with this one, but it didn't help...

Alright, I'm having a hard time getting this to run in Mac OS X. Here's what I've done:

-downloaded the IR-GTS folder

-downloaded and installed Python 2.7.1

But here's where things are going wrong. If I just double-click it to open it (as instructed in the readme), it opens up IDLE (along with a Python Shell), where it shows up like so:

picture3hhc.png

And if I use the right-click to directly open it with Python, it just opens up a Terminal window with only the usual "Ver. XXX *name*'s Computer$" stuff.

I'm probably derping big-time here, so I apologize in advance for my idiocy (I'll be blunt and admit that I'm completely new to Python). Anyway, I'd love it if someone could help me.

I am trying to run it on my Mac. I'm using Python 2.7.1. When I try to open it I get this message:

Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/Ryan/Downloads/ir-gts-bw/ir-gts-bw.py", line 12, in <module>

from src.getpkm import getpkm

File "/Users/Ryan/Downloads/ir-gts-bw/src/getpkm.py", line 45

with open(fullpath, 'wb') as f:

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Anyone know how I can fix this?

If I just double-click it to open it (as instructed in the readme), it opens up IDLE (along with a Python Shell)

Try opening a Terminal, then entering 'chmod +x ' then dragging ir-gts-bw.py into the window. That should allow you to execute the file by double-clicking on it. Otherwise, you can run it straight from the command prompt, if you cd into the IR-GTS directory first.

That shouldn't be an issue, considering that I had no trouble after changing the DNS server once, and I'm getting the same error when I try to access the GTS as I do in Test Connection, resulting in the whole thing not working.

EDIT: What I'm saying then is that even though I changed the DNS settings, it's still trying to connect to NWFC and is failing at it.

Also, when I just tried making the DNS server 205.185.126.109 (the zorua one), it worked with no problems. If it matters, I haven't changed anything with my router's settings (does it have a separate firewall that needs to be taken off instead?), but it's an Airport extreme and I'm using a guest setting since that way I can connect without using a WPA code. I turned on a setting to let the guest network communicate with this one, but it didn't help...

Would it be possible to try connecting the PC to the same network as the DS to see if that works? I'm guessing the guest network is the problem here.

I am trying to run it on my Mac. I'm using Python 2.7.1. When I try to open it I get this message:

Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/Ryan/Downloads/ir-gts-bw/ir-gts-bw.py", line 12, in <module>

from src.getpkm import getpkm

File "/Users/Ryan/Downloads/ir-gts-bw/src/getpkm.py", line 45

with open(fullpath, 'wb') as f:

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Based on that warning, it looks like it's using a version older than 2.6. Try uninstalling all versions of Python and reinstalling 2.7.1, see if that helps.

Try opening a Terminal, then entering 'chmod +x ' then dragging ir-gts-bw.py into the window. That should allow you to execute the file by double-clicking on it. Otherwise, you can run it straight from the command prompt, if you cd into the IR-GTS directory first.

Now I'm getting the same syntax error as hockeyfan607's describing. At any rate, thank you for your help.

I'm having the exact same problem as bammam. i could connect to the zorua ip, but when i try to connect to mine (192.168.2.6, its running now), it gts green bars, then goes away. i'm using the exact same router settings as i did for the zorua one. i'm not on a guest network.

btw, im using a dsi with wpa encrypted connection

Based on that warning, it looks like it's using a version older than 2.6. Try uninstalling all versions of Python and reinstalling 2.7.1, see if that helps.

I removed all versions of Python from my computer, and re-downloaded and re-installed Python 2.7.1. I'm still getting the same error. Is there some kind of setting I can change in Python launcher so that it doesn't somehow think I'm using an older version?