5th Gen GTS, PKM files, etc.

hedgeberg

Hey all

My last thread where I attempted to ask this got removed from the general B/W thread because it didn't apply (grumble), so here goes.

So, I've been wondering

The GTS system has changed enough that, from what I understand, sendpkm, HGTS, and the like can no longer distribute.

As such, I was wondering if someone could tell me how far we are from a new working system (or link me to the main thread?).

Also, I have been attempting to open some of the new .pkm files in pokesav.

what i have found is the result of opening a victini.pkm I got in a mass zip file (attached below) of all the pokemon from this generation except for 3 (forgot where I found it, but I did not make it).

pokesav recognizes old moves. however, it does not know what pokemon #494 (victini) is, and therefore cannot read it. As such, it would be possible to make a new gen pokemon, as long as you had a preexisting file. you could then maybe edit the ivs a bit, etc, but you would not be able to edit in any new gen moves, you would not be able to max the stats because pokesav does not know the actual pokemon

also, the area caught becomes turnback cave instead of libery garden. this is because ( I believe) this area has the same corresponding area number in DPt as liberty garden has in Black/White.

obviously, if you want to do any major .pkm creating, this would not work due to the aforementioned limitations, which leads me to my last question

anyone know when there will be a program that can edit 5th gen .pkm files without these limitations?

--hedgeberg

13277-Pokemon Black & White 2.rar

13277-Pokemon Black & White 2.rar