wild pokemon IV modifier + breeding

Somul

If the AR code for wild pokemon IV modifying (starting line: 94000130 FDFF0000) is used on a newly-bred pokemon, is this detectable in any way from hack checkers or anything else (as long as it is within legal stat limits)?

Yeah, must've been on pojo forums. :P

On a related note then, using an IV modifier on any existing pokemon should also be undetectable if there is not PID-IV relation? (Ex: I receive a legit Jirachi, and I run the IV modifier on it and leave everything else unchanged, this will still be undetectable?)

And just one more thing...is your code functionally the same as another IV modifier code that's commonly used:

12066C9C 000020XX

12066CB2 000020XX

12066CC8 000020XX

12066CDE 000020XX

12066CF4 000020XX

12066D0A 000020XX

Yeah, must've been on pojo forums. :P

On a related note then, using an IV modifier on any existing pokemon should also be undetectable if there is not PID-IV relation? (Ex: I receive a legit Jirachi, and I run the IV modifier on it and leave everything else unchanged, this will still be undetectable?)

And just one more thing...is your code functionally the same as another IV modifier code that's commonly used:

12066C9C 000020XX

12066CB2 000020XX

12066CC8 000020XX

12066CDE 000020XX

12066CF4 000020XX

12066D0A 000020XX

Yes, using IV Mod on any Pokemon that doesn't have an IV-PID relationship won't screw anything up. You could use it on any Pokemon so long as you change it's PID to match.

I actually used that code as the base for mine, so yes, it's functionally identical. The only different between that code and mine is that mine's better. :D

Hm..I may have missed something then. So there are some pokemon that have a PID-IV relationship? And I'd also have to modify the PID (even if I leave the nature/ability untouched) if I change the IVs of said hypothetical event Jirachi?

And if I just use the IV modifier for breeding pokemon, I don't need to change the PID?

And just another question regarding pokesav and PID-IV generator - for one, I can`t seem to read the font (it just shows up as symbols) in the menu where you press PID/IV button then Generate - what do these headings mean, and is this where i choose the gender and nature and ability of the pokemon. Or do I press the Generate button instead (instead of the PID IV button)

Sorry, just one more question came up =p the Wild Pokemon IV modifier code (discarding the battle items) seems to always result in 31/31/31/31/31/31 pokemon, even when I tried to modify the IVs (ex: I was aiming for 31/31/31/30/31/30..so I tossed one X defend and one X accuracy, but the result is 31 across the board. Could it be conflicting with other codes I have on, like instant egg, fast hatch, and IV check?

Edited by Somul

Hm..I may have missed something then. So there are some pokemon that have a PID-IV relationship? And I'd also have to modify the PID (even if I leave the nature/ability untouched) if I change the IVs of said hypothetical event Jirachi?

And if I just use the IV modifier for breeding pokemon, I don't need to change the PID?

And just another question regarding pokesav and PID-IV generator - for one, I can`t seem to read the font (it just shows up as symbols) in the menu where you press PID/IV button then Generate - what do these headings mean, and is this where i choose the gender and nature and ability of the pokemon. Or do I press the Generate button instead (instead of the PID IV button)

Sorry, just one more question came up =p the Wild Pokemon IV modifier code (discarding the battle items) seems to always result in 31/31/31/31/31/31 pokemon, even when I tried to modify the IVs (ex: I was aiming for 31/31/31/30/31/30..so I tossed one X defend and one X accuracy, but the result is 31 across the board. Could it be conflicting with other codes I have on, like instant egg, fast hatch, and IV check?

Pokemon caught in the Wild have a relationship between IVs and PID. Bred Pokemon and Mystery Gift Pokemon do not.

For Pokesav, the first column is the PID value.

The second column is labeled "アルゴリズム", a Japanese phonetic spelling of "algorithm", probably referring to the algorithm used to generate the PID-IV relationship. DP Pokemon I think are all Type 1, but I'm not sure.

3rd column is Nature.

4th column seems to be the Pokemon's class, which is related to its Ability.

5th column is Gender. ML = Male, FL = Female. This column will show - as the value if there isn't a Species selected.

Last column is for shinyness. NS = Not Shiny, and I assume the other value is S = Shiny.

And finally, that might be a problem with my code, or you're using it wrong. I'll double check it.

And no, it won't conflict with those codes.

Thanks for the reply. I`ve been using the old code for now which seems to be working fine, but yours does seem much more handier if I could get it to work.

Another question about IV+PID - if I transfer a (real) pokemon from my Fire Red to Diamond through palpark and I want to change its IVs, do I have to change PID accordingly, or is there no relation once again?

• 10 months later...
  • 12 years later...

So I tried using both of the IV modifier cheats in this thread on leaf green in myboy, and replaced the last 2 digits with 1F (hexadecimal value for 32 since IVs go to 31 and 0 counts) and all it did was make my nature Modifier and wild Pokemon modifier not work. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, so can someone please provide instructions on how to properly use the IV modifier to get perfect IVs?

For the record, I don't play competitive, I just link battle with my wife so we want to make our pokemon perfect to take out the randomness element.