SAV Hacker Toolkit *Updated 6/12/09*

evandixon

This program is dead, with no public download link.

There's a slight change I'll release a re-written version in the future, however.

Original post, for archival purposes:

----------

SAV Hacker Toolkit is a Trainer Toolkit clone - for binary files.

It helps with hacking save files. It helps map out the locations of which location go to which value.

See it's official page here (dead link)!

--------------------------------------------------

Current Version: 0.8.0.0

Download - Via .Net ClickOnce (Recommended)

Download - Via MSI Installer

-------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

0.8.0.0: Added ability to change what number base you are viewing in the Location List. I also added another fix that isn't important enough to state here...

0.7.0.0: Added ability to save notes and Location List. To be sure that notes are saved, close the window first, THEN save.

0.6.0.0: Added more control of the Location List, allowing you to clear locations individually, add locations, and import in bulk from the clipboard, if the locations are in string format, ready to be turned into integers, and one per line. I do not have any error handeling, so it's YOUR FAULT if importing dosen't work!!!

0.5.0.0: Cahnged HEX Dialog to Number Base Converter, suports HEX, Decimal, OCT, and BIN. I also added BIN support for the HEX Dialog, now the HEX Converter/Number Base Converter.

0.4.0.0: Added wimpy HEX/BIN Editor that cannot save yet, and includes a font control (the reason for this is that when you have a large file, and display it in BIN with no spaces, it does things to your eyes, so now you can make it larger). I have also added a more detailed about box.

0.3.0.0: Added HEX/BIN converter, and added some code to run when About is pressed.

0.2.0.1: Forgot to enable new features in 0.2. Sorry!

0.2.0.0: Added ability to find Bytes that are or are not equal to something specified.

0.1.0.2 - Initial Release of BETA (.0.2 was because of a few bugs in the first publish via Click Once)

--------------------------------------

Planned Features:

-HEX/BIN Editor (Currently, it is to be used alongside a HEX Editor, and a BIN editor will allow you to load a file - in raw binary, with or without spaces!)

-Fix bug in HEX/BIN converter

-Help Section

------------------------------------------

RSS (Dead)

Edited by evandixon

So for some reason I cannot get this program to launch. I have the latest .Net framework installed and all, and I get a message (when I run the .application file) that the application is installing, but it doesn't appear anywhere, and clicking on the link to launch the app does nothing.

Is this supposed to be like an .exe file? Can you zip it and upload it someplace? It sounds really useful.

Interesting...

When I am not on my DSi, I will package this as an installer.

Do you also have the latest version of Windows Installer?

Try downloading the Setup.exe, rather than clicking launch assuming you have all the requirements.

I apologise for the inconvenience, if the above dosn't work' then it is probobly a bug in .Net Click Once.

Edited by evandixon
It's never too late to fix a typo

I was using Windows XP at the time, and I do keep up with updates. I haven't tried it on my Vista machine yet (I hesitate in installing new programs on that one when I am unsure of the outcome).

Speaking of that, what does this program do, exactly? It sounded like it would aid in the mapping of data in binary files, which is exactly what I could use. :D

I was using Windows XP at the time, and I do keep up with updates. I haven't tried it on my Vista machine yet (I hesitate in installing new programs on that one when I am unsure of the outcome).

Speaking of that, what does this program do, exactly? It sounded like it would aid in the mapping of data in binary files, which is exactly what I could use. :D

It has the following features:

-Possibility Eliminator-eliminates possible locations for a value by comparing 2 files, checking for values that are: (A. Equal,B.Not Equal,C. File 1 > File 2, D. File 2 > File 1,E. Bytes that are equal to a value specified, or F. Bytes that are not equal to the specified value.) and outputs them to the location list

-Location List-Lists locations that are remaining from the Possibility Eliminator's tests. Can be copied to the clip board, but you cannot manually add them (yet, I might add this feature.)

-Note Pad-A simple Text Box that can be used for anything you wish. cannot be saved yet, but as long as you do not close the MDI Parent, its contents will not be lost.

-BIN/HEX Converter-Converts HEX into binary and back. This was added because HEX editors cannot display infromation in binary, only HEX. Values in dave files don't always line up on the Byte.

I will soon add as help section, and shortly after this is posted, I will package this in an installer package (*.msi).

Edited by evandixon
Fixed accidental smilie

Well, I'm sure there's at least one checksum in the save file that you must correct as you make changes. Unfortunately, breaking cryptography / checksum algorithms is not a strong suit of mine, so I don't think I can help you much there.

I narrowed the same value to 2 locations (well, 4, but 2 sets of 2 next to each other). When I change only 1, there is no apparent change in the game, when I change both, the save file is corrupt. Mabey I should examine the values, rather than attempting converting HEX to an offset binary.

Again (and unfortunately), this is not my area of expertise. But knowing what I do about the DPPt save files, maybe this game is also split into "current" and "backup" blocks of data. If you made a change to a part of the backup, the game might not even try to load your change and therefore you wouldn't get an error.

But I dunno.

Again (and unfortunately), this is not my area of expertise. But knowing what I do about the DPPt save files, maybe this game is also split into "current" and "backup" blocks of data. If you made a change to a part of the backup, the game might not even try to load your change and therefore you wouldn't get an error.

But I dunno.

I did notice hat there are remains of a previous save file, one that I intentionally deleted, in it. I removed it with no ill-effects. Also, there is other similer "garbage".

The save file seems (but I haven't confirmed it) to have a second, backup, save file, but it apparently cannot be loaded, because it is deleted if it is corrupt.

• 2 months later...

This program is progressing quite nicely.

Version 1 might even see the light of day.

Comming Soon:

-Save feature in HEX/BIN Editor (Currently Implemented, only need to add a few more features along with it).

-More Icons

-A system in which one can create/apple "patches" to save files, so hackers don't have to write programs.