Does anybody know how to use the broken RNG method in Pokemon Emerald to find shinies?

NintendoPalkia

I've recently been trying to use the RNG method in pokemon emerald to find shinies and nothing else, I'm not interested in the IVS, natures, stats etc. only it being shiny. Thanks to the very kind user Vetle, I found my SID (Secret ID) which turned out to be 42372, which will really help me finding shinies. Before reading further, if you are not familiar with the RNG method of finding shinies, The broken RNG, Rng reporter, or emloop; or are not entirely sure about it please do not read on because I need people who have actually used this and found shinies and know how to use it well.

When I put it in on RNG reporter for method 2 and shinies only, it says my frame is 1877, and the time is 0.31.28 but I have no idea how to set it up in emloop. Am I suppose to wait until it reaches 00.00.00 and then hit sweet scent, or am I doing it all wrong? Please help!

Nobody really does Gen3 RNG on carts for perfect spreads, they are almost exclusively emulated.

Thus nobody really uses timers, they use save states.

However,

Essentially you want to wait 31.28 seconds before encountering, but you have to account for the dead time sweet scenting gives. Subtract the amount of frames it throws you off by and try to hit that time.

You are gonna have to do it multiple times to get in the right frame.

Sorry now I'm confused. If I subtract it then wouldn't I get a different frame than what rng reporter gave me? It gave me 31.28 and my frame is 1877 so lets say it takes 6.1 seconds to sweet scent (just as a quick example) and I subtract it from 31.28 I'll get 25.18. So...wouldn't that mean I would try to hit the number on that frame? Or am I missing something?