Vista Home Premium won't recognize MicroSD in Adapter

Hey guys. I'm trying to get the Pokemon Black and White translated to work on my R4 card. (normal R4 card, not R4i, not gold and not SDHC) However, I've encountered a problem. When I plug in the adapter with the MicroSD in it, Vista doesn't recognize that it's even there. No eject button in the taskbar, no difference in the Device Manager, there isn't even an hourglass ponter when it's plugged in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should be more specific. First of all, are you using a desktop computer or a laptop computer? And is this a full activated version of Windows Vista, or are you using an Unactivated Beta version? What type of adapter are you using: Micro SD to USB, Micro SDHC to USB, Micro SD to SD, or Micro SDHC to SD, Micro SD to SDHC, or Micro SDHC to SDHC ? What type of port on your PC are you plugging the adapter into? Is it USB, SDHC, or SD?

Here are some tips:

• Make sure the Micro SD or Micro SDHC card is plugged all the way into its adapter.
  • Make sure the adapter is plugged all the way into your computer.
  • Only use one adapter. For example, once I plugged a Micro SDHC card into an SDHC card adapter, and then plugged the SDHC card into a USB adapter. That didn't work. I had to plug the Micro SDHC card directly into a USB adapter.
  • The USB, SDHC, or SD, port on your computer might be broken. If your computer has multiple ports, try them all.
  • Your Micro SD, or Micro SDHC card might be dirty. Try cleaning the gold contacts with the eraser end of a pencil.

I don't like long posts so I put it in a spoiler.

You should be more specific. First of all, are you using a desktop computer or a laptop computer?

Laptop.

And is this a full activated version of Windows Vista, or are you using an Unactivated Beta version?

Full Activated

What type of adapter are you using: Micro SD to USB, Micro SDHC to USB, Micro SD to SD, or Micro SDHC to SD, Micro SD to SDHC, or Micro SDHC to SDHC ? What type of port on your PC are you plugging the adapter into? Is it USB, SDHC, or SD?

MicroSDHC. It's my brother's one because mine was given to me without the adapter and my brother was bought his R4 SDHC

Here are some tips:

Make sure the Micro SD or Micro SDHC card is plugged all the way into its adapter.

Make sure the adapter is plugged all the way into your computer.

It was, both of them

Only use one adapter. For example, once I plugged a Micro SDHC card into an SDHC card adapter, and then plugged the SDHC card into a USB adapter. That didn't work. I had to plug the Micro SDHC card directly into a USB adapter.

Why would you even do that?...

The USB, SDHC, or SD, port on your computer might be broken. If your computer has multiple ports, try them all.

I did try all of them but my flash drives work.

Your Micro SD, or Micro SDHC card might be dirty. Try cleaning the gold contacts with the eraser end of a pencil.

Ok, I'll try that too.

You might just need to reboot Windows (that means turn your computer off, and then back on again). Sometimes people leave their computers on for months, and Windows just starts freaking out on them.

Ok. I'll try it again when I get home and I don't leave the computer on.

Only use one adapter. For example, once I plugged a Micro SDHC card into an SDHC card adapter, and then plugged the SDHC card into a USB adapter. That didn't work. I had to plug the Micro SDHC card directly into a USB adapter.

Not true.

Putting the µSDHC in a SD adapter and then putting it in the SD-to-USB adapter worked for me.

You still haven't answered my adapter question. I am trying to figure out if you are using the wrong adapter. For example, since there are two types of Micro SD cards (the Micro SD, and the Micro SDHC), if you were to plug a Micro SDHC card into a Micro SD adapter, then it would not work.

I assume you are trying to plug the adapter into a USB port right? Have you used the USB ports before, or is this your first time using them?

• Your Micro SD, or Micro SDHC card might be dirty. Try cleaning the gold contacts with the eraser end of a pencil.

Tried that, didn't work.

You might just need to reboot Windows

Nope.

You still haven't answered my adapter question. I am trying to figure out if you are using the wrong adapter. For example, since there are two types of Micro SD cards (the Micro SD, and the Micro SDHC), if you were to plug a Micro SDHC card into a Micro SD adapter, then it would not work.

I assume you are trying to plug the adapter into a USB port right? Have you used the USB ports before, or is this your first time using them?

I am trying to plug a MicroSD card into a USB MicroSDHC adapter that has worked before but is not working now. (One sentence answer! Yeah!)