Simple Legal Check

Elite Four Seth

legal pokemon, illegal ids

since 99.9% of people's legality definition does not include ID legality, you should be fine ;)

This is what I was kinda worried about, but from your wording it seems like it's not a huge deal.

Just wondering, how can you tell that the IDs aren't possible. Is there some sort of formula to it?

you can find out in one of rng reporter's add-on programs. the TID/SID are generated from the initial seed in between the end of the professor's speech and you "shrinking down".

if you're just battling against friends or whoever with it, i wouldn't worry much. you can look it up using pandora's box, though, if you want.

it's fine, you would just have had to leave your game on for a VERY long time to get that. normal ones are between 4500 and 10000, i think. it's definitely fine, though. just say you left the game on and walked away for awhile.

e: just to make a little sense out of it, delay corresponds to time spent before a certain thing happens. when rng-ing it's choosing "continue". when doing a TID/SID, it's getting past the prof speech. so, the higher the delay, the more time you would have to have left the game on.

it's fine, you would just have had to leave your game on for a VERY long time to get that. normal ones are between 4500 and 10000, i think. it's definitely fine, though. just say you left the game on and walked away for awhile.

e: just to make a little sense out of it, delay corresponds to time spent before a certain thing happens. when rng-ing it's choosing "continue". when doing a TID/SID, it's getting past the prof speech. so, the higher the delay, the more time you would have to have left the game on.

Delay*~60=Seconds .... *~60 = Minutes needed to wait from power on.

~83.7 minutes you'd have to leave your game on before ending the new game dialogue. No human would ever do that for non-novelty IDs, they wan't to play the game.

If you want "legal" IDs, just use the PID search side, specify a range somewhere in 4500-10000 (50 delays is fine) and you get IDs that make it shiny that you can get normally.

Delay*~60=Seconds .... *~60 = Minutes needed to wait from power on.

~83.7 minutes you'd have to leave your game on before ending the new game dialogue. No human would ever do that for non-novelty IDs, they wan't to play the game.

If you want "legal" IDs, just use the PID search side, specify a range somewhere in 4500-10000 (50 delays is fine) and you get IDs that make it shiny that you can get normally.

thanks, i can never remember exactly what delay is in terms of time.