What is Valid and Invalid on Random Wifi - Pokemon B/W

Bond697

finally tested most things

-3rd and 4th gen tutor moves, tms, and egg moves work.

-moves must be from the same generation as the pokemon, egg or otherwise

-pokewalker exclusive moves work

-the game will accept almost any PID

-catching a poke and changing nothing but it's IVs does not disqualify it. it will work on random wifi just fine. :)

-random wifi doesn't care about catch location

to quickly get a pokemon up and ready for battle: check off the "egg hatched" box and change the "level met" to 1. set the ball to a poke ball and change the IVs to whatever you want. don't change the PID. this has worked for me 100% of the time. this way you use egg moves, tutor moves, etc with no problem. i didn;t think i needed to say it, but yes, nature too. moves, whatever. anything learnable is fine.

pokemon names- this is why a lot of people can't get on:

-the english translation DOES work, but pokemon named from it(i.e. caught in it) will not right away. over 5 characters ARE allowed, but they must be done using japanese-english letters. this leaves a few options.

-catch a poke in the translated game, edit it properly, and rename it with the name rater. that will fix it.

-in pokegen use the character map and plug in letters 1 by 1. this works and i've gone up to 8 letters with no trouble battling on wifi

-use the unicode japanese-english letter map and write in the characters yourself. get the unicode map here: http://www.unicodemap.org/range/87/Halfwid...ullwidth_Forms/

-pokegen b15 has a working character map and is better than pokesav in every way. get it here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...and-information

-3rd/4th generation pokes of any language work on b/w(i.e. any unicode english works, not just japanese-english), but 5th gen MUST be japanese-english only.

e: going to see how trainer name affects things tonight. i've heard both that it does and the poke won't be allowed on and that it doesn't and using english unicode doesn't affect anything.

-i've gotten a few dream world pokes to work and a few that haven't. still looking into it.

if you need to shift something, this can simulate it:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...ull=1#post97287

it works great, but seems to set the ball as a dream ball often. just change it in pokegen.

Edited by Bond697

• 2 months later...

I want to add something to this thread as I have confirmed something.

- xD Moves, 3rd Event Moves, are all valid online.

Pokemon I used are: Wish Salamence (3rd Gen Event), Tickle Wobbuffet (3rd Gen Event), and Baton Pass Zapdos (xD).

• 3 weeks later...