PKM froze game when attempting to view it's stats

sdfghjklkjhgfds sdfghjiuy

I'm pretty sure this is a problem on your end. I tested it myself, despite knowing that nothing was going to happen in-game after viewing the .pkm file. It didn't crash. It couldn't crash it. Not without ROM modifications or other codes being active that're interfering somehow. Alternatively, you may be adding an extra party Pokemon without increasing the party count.

The Pokemon has 0xFF for its party status value. This is erroneous as far as I know. A quick glance at the code says this couldn't have been caused by PokeGen. I don't know if it's what's causing your problem either. As I mentioned, I used the exact .pkm file, generated a code for it, put it into HG/SS, and it worked fine.

Being able to repeat a problem reliably is the best way to provide me with a way to fix it. I have no idea what all you're doing with the file/data or if you're being completely accurate with what you're telling me. You may leave something out that's significant because you don't know that it's significant. At the moment, this seems like user error.

1. open pokegen 3.0b13
  2. options->GH/SS
  3. file->load select original latios (you have a copy of this pkm already via Private message)
  4. go to met tab
  5. change ball to premier ball
  6. open Pid finder
  7. set Pid finder [pic]
  8. file->save from tabs
  9. save as 236 byte (non encrypted) *when would we use encrypted?*
  10. Linux terminal: sudo python Desktop/sendPKMN/sendpkm.py Desktop/Latios3.pkm
  11. go to pc
  12. go to move pkms
  13. open box 3
  14. view summary of new pkm
  15. game freezes

Latios3.pkm

Latios3.pkm

Edited by sdfghjklkjhgfds sdfghjiuy
forgot to link "[pic]", typo

Why are you going directly to box 3 as if the Pokemon is there via sendPKMN? If SendPKMN is putting it there (keep in mind that I've never used the program and know nothing about it), why are you using a 236-byte (party) file for a PC slot?

it sends it via the GTS system the GTS puts in in the pc

i have done the same thing with my entire party (did not change ball) on beta 12 with out issues

I have returned the original PKM and one made with beta 12 with out issues

here is a vid showing sendpkm.py

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI8gM6j6ffQ

NON-party format gives error

Edited by sdfghjklkjhgfds sdfghjiuy
added youtube link and "NON-party format gives error"

I'll keep this in mind and might come up with some ideas of what's causing the problem, but at the moment, I'm clueless. I haven't tried using SendPKM myself yet, but I will tomorrow after work. Maybe that'll show me the problem somehow.

Why are you going directly to box 3 as if the Pokemon is there via sendPKMN? If SendPKMN is putting it there (keep in mind that I've never used the program and know nothing about it), why are you using a 236-byte (party) file for a PC slot?

because the 236 bytes pkms can be sent to either the party or box without issue. 136 byte pkms can only be sent to the box without issue.

Desmume won't work because of the fact that it doesn't save registration information between resets. It wants to connect to the actual Nintendo servers to refresh it each time, which obviously can't happen if you have the DNS address modified.