Competitive Pokemon GTS Distribution Thread

Welcome to the Pokemon GTS distribution thread!

What is the GTS?

The Global Trade Station or the GTS for short, is the worldwide network over which players of Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, as well as Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, can trade Pokémon via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Pokémon with the Classic Ribbon or Premier Ribbon cannot be traded here.

The GTS can be found on the upper left corner of the ground floor.

The Global Trade Station lets a player send and receive Pokémon on the worldwide network. In order to access the GTS in Diamond and Pearl, the player must have the Coal Badge as well.

Inside, there is a large globe, called the Geonet, on which players can indicate their location, and on which small dots representing players they have traded with will appear. When the player first logs on to Geonet, they will be asked where they live at, allowing details for other players to locate their position in the world.

If the player talks with the woman at the counter, she will direct them into a room in which they can either put up a Pokémon to be traded or trade a Pokémon they own for one that has been put up for trade.

Pokémon searches, after being confined to one species that has been seen by the player, can be further narrowed down to level, gender, and the country where the person is trading it from is. They put these four catagories in here to eliminate some trades getting overshadowed by others that do reach the surface. By level, players can search for and request Pokémon level 9 and under, level 10 and up, level 20 and up, and so on until level 100, or they can search for Pokémon of any level. Gender is similar, with the player being able to search for male, female or either gender of the selected Pokémon (Note: If you look up Legendaries, except Cresselia and Heatran, it will automatically set the Gender to Either).

Pokémon offerings are similarly governed, as the requested Pokémon in return cannot be any Pokémon that the player has not seen. Unfortunately, Pokémon that are offered cannot be bargained, as the player has to choose one Pokémon he or she wants for it, instead of having a more flexible list.

Like normal trades, a Pokémon can also hold an item when being offered or traded. This may add incentive for a player to trade his or her Pokémon for a Pokémon that they already own, instead of just trading to complete the Pokédex, in order to get the item held. Pokémon that evolve after a trade, with or without items, will do so in the same manner they would after a normal trade.

The GTS also allows individuals to trade between two different games without having two Nintendo DS systems, though the Pokémon may accidentally be traded to someone else rather than the original trader.

It is recommended to check up on a deposited Pokémon every so often, as the Pokémon may flee if it is kept in the GTS for an extended period of time.

This system, however, has been deciphered right here at at project pokemon! To check out the work that was done on the GTS, go here

Using programs developed here, users can post .pkm files of their own(single or multiple) for download from the GTS by people around the world. There are a few ways to do this:

sendpkm

The original transfer method. This app was developed by LordLandon and runs under python. It is very simple and only sends one pokemon(.pkm) at a time before the program exits. Download it!

IR-GTS

This is made by Infinite Recursion, a poster in the Something Awful Pokemon Megathread in Games. It can either send one pokemon over and over again from PC to DS, receive one pokemon from DS to PC, or receive multiple pokemon from DS to PC. Download it at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/ir-gts/

HyperGTS

This is what I'm currently using to distribute pokemon. It can either send a directory of pokemon(.pkm files) one at a time for each GTS connection or simply send one file over and over again. It also documents the users' IP addresses and which .pkm files were sent to which users. It can also receive pokemon much in the same way as IR-GTS, either single or multiple. Download it!

To use sendpkm or IR-GTS you will need to download and install Python 2.X. The current version is 2.7, and it can be downloaded here.

This may not be extremely important, but knowing how to get to the command prompt might make parts of this easier. Check the video

for information on different ways of opening a command prompt and using a few basic commands. To learn more about port forwarding on your brand and model of router, try portforward.com. For sending pokemon outside of your network, you need to forward port 80 TCP and port 53 UDP to your GTS server's IP address. Add in port 53 TCP to send pokemon from DS to PC. I usually just forward 80 and 53 both TCP and UDP, it doesn't make a huge difference.

*Make sure you have a full party when you enter the GTS!*

There are 2 different "sizes" of pokemon(.pkm) file. 236 byte .pkms are party pokemon, while 136 byte .pkms are boxed pokemon, You can send party pokemon to either your party or a box, but you can't send boxed pokemon to your party. The download will happen, but you'll get a badly messed up pokemon. Unless you're very, VERY clear on what you're doing, just always enter the GTS with a full party to make things simple.

*A note*

This doesn't function like the normal GTS. Pokemon with the Classic Robbon(i.e. Arceus) are able to be sent. Also, blocked things such as shiny Manaphies, which GameFreak assumed could only be hacked, are able to be sent.

How to use sendpkm:

1. Download and install Python at the link above.

2. Download and extract sendpkm from the listing above.

3. Move the .pkm file you want to distribute into the folder with sendpkm

4. Drag the .pkm file onto "sendpkm.py"

5. A black box will pop up telling you what IP address to plug into your DS. If the IP is 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1, you need to open a command prompt and type in: "ipconfig"(no quotes) and hit Enter. Your IP address will be listed there in the info that comes up.

6. Plug that IP into your DS and visit the GTS. Enter as normal and the game will download a pokemon and deposit it into the first available slot in the box you have selected.

7. To enter the normal GTS again, simply set your DS' wireless to automatically acquire a DNS server again.

How to use IR-GTS:

1. Download and install Python at the link above.

2. Download and extract IR-GTS from the listing above.

3. Double click on GTS.py

4. Here, you will be presented with a menu of options.

5. IR-GTS comes with a readme that explains all of the options presented very clearly. Choose your option.

6. Whether you're sending a pokemon to your DS or receiving one from your DS, you need to set its DNS option to your PC's IP address.

7a. If you're sending a pokemon, follow the directions in the readme and enter the GTS.

7b. If you're receiving a pokemon on your PC, enter the GTS and deposit it as though you want to put it up for trade. Pick anything for what you're looking for; you can just keep hitting "A" until the choices end pretty much. Once you verify your choices, you will be told that that pokemon cannot be traded regardless of which one you tried to put up. Check your IR-GTS directory on your PC. You should have a .pkm file of the pokemon you tried to trade and a text file describing it.

0660 made a nice video tutorial on ir-gts here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbP10bBTJfw&feature=player_embedded

How to use HyperGTS:

The version I'm using is modified from the original, so it's a bit more complicated:

Edited by Bond697

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokemon currently up on the GTS:

GTS server address: 71.234.197.162 AND 75.125.189.45 - Scroll down for the rest of the pokemon!!

http://gts.thundaga.com/PKMs.rar

http://gts.thundaga.com/spunk.zip

http://gts.thundaga.com/5.rar

http://gts.thundaga.com/xmas.rar

http://gts.thundaga.com/celebi.zip

http://gts.thundaga.com/dogs.zip

http://gts.thundaga.com/shellder.pkm

http://gts.thundaga.com/oddish.pkm

Exeggcute -- Harvest (DW)

102.png

31/31/31/31/31/30 HP Ice 70, Modest

Golett -- Iron Fist

622.png

31/31/31/1/31/31, Adamant

Jolteon -- Quick Feet (DW)

135.png

30/30/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70, Timid

Panpour -- Gluttony

515.png

30/30/31/30/31/30 HP Fire 70, Timid

Pansage -- Gluttony

511.png

31/10/30/31/30/30 HP Rock 70, Timid

Pansear -- Gluttony

513.png

31/14/30/31/31/30 HP Electric 70, Timid

Swablu -- Cloud Nine (DW)

334.png

31/31/31/31/31/31, Adamant

Victini -- Victory Star (Movie)

494.png

31/31/31/31/31/31, Adamant/Fire Gem

Special Moves: V-Create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Searing Shot

Victini -- Victory Star (Movie)

494.png

31/31/31/31/31/31, Jolly/Fire Gem

Special Moves: V-Create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Searing Shot

Zoroark -- Illusion

571.png

31/31/31/31/31/31, Timid

Cofagrigous -- Mummy (Shii)

563.png

31/23/30/30/30/30 HP Fight 70, Modest

Larvesta -- Flame Body (Kobold)

636.png

31/15/30/31/30/30 HP Rock 70, Timid

Petilil -- Chlorophyll (Kobold)

548.png

31/14/31/30/31/30 HP Fire 70, Timid

Sigilyph -- Magic Guard (Kobold)

561.png

31/17/31/31/31/31, Bold

Egg Moves: Roost, Stored Power, Psycho Shift

Solosis -- Magic Guard (Kobold)

577.png

31/31/31/31/31/00, Quiet

Egg Moves: Trick, Imprison

Timburr -- Guts (Kobold)

532.png

31/31/31/26/31/00, Brave

Egg Moves: Mach Punch, Drain Punch

Tirtouga -- Solid Rock (Infi)

564.png

31/31/31/13/31/31, Adamant

Scraggy -- Moxie (Infi)

559.png

31/31/31/16/31/00, Brave

Egg Moves: Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Fake Out, Thunder Punch

Gligar -- Immunity (Infi)(DW)

207.png

31/31/31/01/31/31, Impish

Egg Moves: Poison Tail, Double-Edge, Baton Pass, Agility

Yamask -- Mummy (Infi)

562.png

31/00/31/31/31/31, Sassy

Egg Moves: Disable

Kyurem -- Pressure (Infi)

646.png

31/02/31/30/31/30 HP Fire 70, Timid

Everything is in the same order that it will download in.

Perfect unless noted otherwise

randomspot555 edit: This space reserved for possible future GTS servers.

Edited by Bond697

How do I get .pkm files?

You can download them from:

-Project Pokemon

-pkmdb

-Send pokemon to your PC via IR-GTS.

-PKMs.rar hosted here is an archive of all the pkm files I've hosted up to the present.

If you have a save game you would like to pull .pkm files out of, use PokeGen:

PokeGen(Use 2.312 until 3.0 comes out of beta.)

Requests:

I have a pretty good backlog of stuff to distribute, so there will never be a shortage of stuff to download. However, if anyone would like a certain pokemon RNG-ed or certain items attached to some of the pokemon, please say so! I'll try to field all of the requests, or at least as many as I physically can. :)

This is the sister thread to a thread in "Private Game Servers" on Something Awful. View that thread here here.(Members only, thread isn't viewable otherwise) I have been distributing pokemon in there for the last few months and have recently sort of "taken over" the thread and remade it into something a little better. Everything is the same across both threads though, so no one has access to anything that others don't. Also, any requests made there and filled will(for obvious reasons) show up here too. Just keep that in mind in case someone requests something and it doesn't show up the next week. The request wasn't missed, it will just show up the week after the next.

The PKMs.rar file is an archive of everything that I have hosted up to the current batch of pokemon.

I know that I'm far from the only person here able to RNG abuse, so if anyone else wants to get in on hosting stuff via GTS, feel free to say something or just start posting stuff. If you can RNG abuse and want to help out but can't set up a fake GTS server for whatever reason, I can host your stuff for you. PM me to discuss it.

This Random Number Generator(RNG) abuse thing looks interesting! How do I do it?

For full info on RNG abuse in all 4th gen games and Emerald, try the official thread on Smogon:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

Also one of the users there, Riski, has excellent guides for beginner RNG abuse:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73585

Also try this walkthrough on the NCG website by Kaphotics:

http://sites.google.com/site/pokencg/rng/howto

While you're learning, the most important thing is to be really patient and ready to spend a few hours soft-resetting your game until you start to learn the timing.

Edited by Bond697

Firstly I'd like to thank Bond697 for all those awesome pokes for download, but I have some questions regarding direct download to the cart:

- Will it take any pokemon in place of the one downloaded? (obviously they're meant to be for a trade)

- Will it always have connection error and force us back to the title screen?

- Not quite a question, but my download sequence started from Staryu > Suicune > Taillow > Trapinch > Zapdos > Celebi > Manaphy > Rotom > back to Staryu, somehow skipping the Eevee and Heracross, I hope that's not crucial ;)

- Oh and how do we choose which pokemon to download? Or will it automatically follow the order and we have to go and download them one by one til we reach the one we want?

And I did all that with an original HG, so I also hope this won't ruin my cart, thanks again for the hard work :)

Firstly I'd like to thank Bond697 for all those awesome pokes for download, but I have some questions regarding direct download to the cart:

- Will it take any pokemon in place of the one downloaded? (obviously they're meant to be for a trade)

- Will it always have connection error and force us back to the title screen?

- Not quite a question, but my download sequence started from Staryu > Suicune > Taillow > Trapinch > Zapdos > Celebi > Manaphy > Rotom > back to Staryu, somehow skipping the Eevee and Heracross, I hope that's not crucial ;)

- Oh and how do we choose which pokemon to download? Or will it automatically follow the order and we have to go and download them one by one til we reach the one we want?

And I did all that with an original HG, so I also hope this won't ruin my cart, thanks again for the hard work :)

1. no, nothing will be overwritten or lost.

2. it may always do this. i've heard that having it error out like that once, then going into the regular gts and exiting, and finally reconnecting back to me can fix it. it doesn't happen to me with heart gold, but it isn't unheard of and is completely safe.

3. the pokes are always set to download in the same order as is displayed above.(i.e. starting with celebi, ending with zapdos) you may start somewhere in the middle because i always download a couple to test the setup out before i note that anything changed. if you miss any, it's likely because someone else was in there downloading stuff too. the way hypergts works is that it will allow more than 1 person to connect at once and it will hand the pokes out in order to them. for example, if you connect with 2 others and you're the first person in, you would get celebi, the next person would get eevee, and the third would get heracross. if you connected again, you would get manaphy. the next connection would get rotom, etc.

4. the order followed is the one i have above and everything is done automatically. like i said, the pokes are in the same order as i have them displayed in the thread. if any are skipped due to multiple connectors, you need to go through the rotation again until you got the one you want.

and finally, no, this is essentially just connecting to the GTS as far as the game is concerned. your cart will be just fine. :)

e: just checked in hypergts, and i see that you weren't in there alone. someone else was downloading at the same time. that's definitely why things seemed to go out of order.

I see, thanks for the quick reply.. But that way it might be difficult if one would like to download the complete set without interruption.. I propose of distributing less number of pokes in one go? You could try doing a vote and prioritize those who get more counts..

He'll be leaving them up for a week. If you don't get it in one go, try again. Pro-tip: Try connecting at "non peak" hours. Hours when people are typically at work/school are best, adjusted for EST.

He'll be leaving them up for a week. If you don't get it in one go, try again. Pro-tip: Try connecting at "non peak" hours. Hours when people are typically at work/school are best, adjusted for EST.

True for the whole week chance, might as well use pokesav to do all the work, but I'm just giving it a try :).. Not sure bout EST but here in UTC +8 it's 2 a.m. in the morning, so I assume the ppl around me is asleep :)

I'd be willing to contriboot some PKMs if need be. They be RNG'd flawless [shinies] (few eggs, many roamers+legends).

I've got over 100 pkms that are top tier smogon trade worthy, if you are interested bond I'll gief

---

also there's 3 others I've gotten over the net:

Shiny Jirachi (WISHMKR)

Shiny Celebi (AGETO [Colosseum])

Shiny Modest Flawless Japanese Ditto

get em here.

How do I do this?4. Drag the .pkm file onto "sendpkm.py"

do I open with python or something?

im new to this srry

Drag your .pkm and drop it on the sendpkm you downloaded earlier?

So where do I change the GTS server Address. Do I need to use Hyper GTS and put it in there? Sorry not sure how to get the files.

Go to your in-game wifi setting (from game title screen), then EDIT (not erase) the 1st available connection (or the one currently in use), choose 'No' for auto DNS and put in the 'GTS server address' to the 'Primary DNS'

Hello, first of all, I have to say that it is an amazing work you have done. I have downloaded the IR-GTS, Python and so on, everything seems to be okay. It gives me an IP address which I should edit my DS DNS settings with. I have done all according to this (e.g. send the Eigakan Celebi file to DS) but when I enter the GTS, it gives me a connection error code. Error code 52100. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to chance the settings of my Wifi-Router? Do I have to forward the ports there? Or where is the problem? Can anybody help me? I really would like to get this app working coz it is so amazing.

Looking forward to hearing from you Pros here. Greetings, MisterT

So where do I change the GTS server Address. Do I need to use Hyper GTS and put it in there? Sorry not sure how to get the files.

if you start your game and go to your wireless setup there will be a spot where you can choose whether or not you want the game to automatically acquire a dns server. choose "no" and on the line below you should see 0.0.0.0. go to that line and choose "edit" and input 71.234.197.162. hit ok then test the connection. if that works, save settings and start entering the gts.

Hello, first of all, I have to say that it is an amazing work you have done. I have downloaded the IR-GTS, Python and so on, everything seems to be okay. It gives me an IP address which I should edit my DS DNS settings with. I have done all according to this (e.g. send the Eigakan Celebi file to DS) but when I enter the GTS, it gives me a connection error code. Error code 52100. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to chance the settings of my Wifi-Router? Do I have to forward the ports there? Or where is the problem? Can anybody help me? I really would like to get this app working coz it is so amazing.

Looking forward to hearing from you Pros here. Greetings, MisterT

do you by chance have something running that would be using port 80? the usual apps are steam, skype, and IIS. if you have none of those running, restart your pc and try again. if it still isn't working, see if you can connect to me ok.

I'd be willing to contriboot some PKMs if need be. They be RNG'd flawless [shinies] (few eggs, many roamers+legends).

I've got over 100 pkms that are top tier smogon trade worthy, if you are interested bond I'll gief

definitely. i grabbed those 3 you listed, too. people have been asking for good dittos to breed with, so that one will be a nice start. the celebi and jirachi are awesome too- i've never seen a legit shiny of either of those before. whatever else you feel like adding would be great, i'm hoping to have a secondary gts set up possibly this weekend to also use for transfer, so maybe some of your stuff could go on that early next week? i have around a hundred myself, i think. i know the old rar file i was distributing had 90 that had been given out before i took it down for good.

between the two of us, we probably have quite a bit of the pokedex covered. :)

Edited by Bond697

do you by chance have something running that would be using port 80? the usual apps are steam, skype, and IIS. if you have none of those running, restart your pc and try again. if it still isn't working, see if you can connect to me ok.

Nothing of the mentioned programs is running.I have as well restarted my PC. It is not working. But if I input the 71.234.197.162 n the DNS line, then it let's me connect. No error code then. How do I have to go on now in order to get the e.g. Eigakan Celebi? Can you please explain this to me? Sorry to bother you with this "silly" questions, but I am not very good in these things.

Thanks so much.

Nothing of the mentioned programs is running.I have as well restarted my PC. It is not working. But if I input the 71.234.197.162 n the DNS line, then it let's me connect. No error code then. How do I have to go on now in order to get the e.g. Eigakan Celebi? Can you please explain this to me? Sorry to bother you with this "silly" questions, but I am not very good in these things.

Thanks so much.

no, no problem. to get celebi, you just need to make hypergts wrap around to the beginning again. it looks like you just downloaded taillow, so you would need to connect 3 more times: 1 to get trapinch, 1 to get zapdos, and finally 1 to get celebi.

I have just recognized, that if I put in the 71.234.197.162 number in the DNS Servers address field and then only enter the GTS, it will download everytime one of the pokemon from the first page. So this means no extra program like sendpkm or IR-GTS are needed to get the Pokemon which were listed at the first page here. You just have to go into the GTS, download one, exit from GTS, enter again, download the next and so on.

This is really perfect. You guys are doing a great work!!! So it is extremely simple for everybody to get these Pokemon. Thanks very much.

as of right now I have the installation program on my usb for python 2.7

will that one work with sendpkm?I think it said that it did in the original post

afternote:which is the easiest and most simple way of doing the feature?Is it sendpkm?

no, no problem. to get celebi, you just need to make hypergts wrap around to the beginning again. it looks like you just downloaded taillow, so you would need to connect 3 more times: 1 to get trapinch, 1 to get zapdos, and finally 1 to get celebi.

Now, only the Taillow is missing. So I have to keep on trying. Anyway, thanks very much and I am looking forward what you are going to offer next week via your personal GTS. I would be happy if you can re-offer the Gamestop Deoxys coz I missed it, but everything would just be fine.

Now, only the Taillow is missing. So I have to keep on trying. Anyway, thanks very much and I am looking forward what you are going to offer next week via your personal GTS. I would be happy if you can re-offer the Gamestop Deoxys coz I missed it, but everything would just be fine.

That will happen if more than one person is in the GTS at once. HyperGTS will queue up everyone and then distribute the pokes in order one at a time.

Not sure if it will be next Wednesday, but within the next couple.