PPTXT: Text editing tool

As many of you may know there have been several Pokémon Black White translations started.

The tool was started in order to permit translating but the users had to deal with some bugs. Now the tool is a bit more stable and ready release. Its still not a full text editor and it might only be a full text editor once this functionality is integrated into PPRE.

The files provided are the Qt DLLs which must be placed in the same directory as the executable. The source is also provided for possible use in other tools, general learning or contributions to make this tool better.

Alternate link for dlls http://dl.dropbox.com/u/551000/QtDlls.zip

QtDlls.zip

PPTXT.exe.zip

PPTXTsrc.zip

QtDlls.zip

PPTXT.exe.zip

PPTXTsrc.zip

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@SCV

Thank you! This program is awesome (even though it probably isn't the finished product) Keep up the awesome work!

@Kebiinu

You don't need to post the same thing every 10 mins.. Just be patient and wait for someone to help.

And I have been able to get PPTXT to work on Win XP and 7.

• 2 weeks later...

TNX FOR THIS SCV

with that tools, im assuming of many translator to contribute on the transalation project , and because of that , the game will be done in english in no time :)

Edited by jael24
just to add details

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Where abouts in 0/0/3 can I find the text for the Black City trainers? As mentioned in the Trainer Editor, I have changed their teams to that of Gym Leaders and Elite Four members from the other regions. I am slowly going backwards through the 471 files, but that could take quite some time. Edit, never mind, it is 0002

I can't seem to find trainer names as well. Not even in 0/0/2.

When I look at where they were in the Japanese version, PPTXT only displays corrupted data with the English version.

It's not corrupted for whatever reason the Non-Japanese versions have the names for trainers compressed

Hmm, now my problem is in terms of Filesize. Can't remember exact numbers since I done it this morning, but lets say that my ROM was 200MB originally. I modified some text, y'know, not a whole lot. I then reinserted (following the steps every step of the way), and it more than doubled in size to 412MB or something.