Pokemon Black/White Game Help thread

randomspot555

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I use the Transfer Machine? I got the menu option, I select DS Download & Play with Europese SS in other DS. However the DS with SS finds Pokémon White, connects then cuts of the connection saying something in japanese... Do I need a Japanese 4th gen game for this or can I use my EU 4th gen?

Yes I know I did all that however the DS does finds connection then the connection cuts off, white restarts and the other ds is freezing on some japanese message...

Edit: Just beated Pokemon League, pokeshifter also doesn't work. Quess it's the region...

Edited by quilavaboy
Note

Gonna post some general spoilers about various things to answer questions before they are asked.

For non Japanese speakers the game progression can leave you stranded in certain places...

Heavy spoilers, but I separated them with even more spoiler tags. Open at own risk :tongue:

What did Team Plasma steal at the Second Gym?

Fossilized Dragonite's Head (not an Aron lol). You can see the statue as the centerpiece of the museum. You'll figure out why by the end of the game.

Stuck? - Gym Hints

Try out PokeBeach for some plot spoilers if you are stuck and don't get your answer here :)

First Gym

Really? Come on, just follow the flow of the game. Explore!

Second Gym

Third Gym

Fourth Gym

Fifth Gym

Sixth Gym

Kay, just go down to the bottom left of the town and follow the event there. Finish event, beat Gym, then go up from town and the gym leader will unlock the cave.

Seventh Gym

Eighth Gym

After 8th

Go to the side desert in between the 3rd and 4th Gyms, find an underground temple and follow the events etc. Once you get ported back outside go back to the 8th gym town and proceed to the 12 oclock (elite four) areas.

HM/TM Locations

HM01 - Cut: Given by Makomo after First Badge to continue Storyline.

HM02 - Fly: Given by Belle after Fifth Badge to continue Storyline.

HM03 - Surf: Given by the Champion Adeku after the Sixth Badge to continue Storyline.

HM04 - Strength: Given by a Blue Haired man in the Fourth Gym Town, left side in an apartment.

HM05 - Waterfall: Found on Route 18 (where the sage is). You can see it on the screenshot.

HM06 - Dive: Given by woman outside of Cynthia's house in Sazanami Town (2oclock).

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/tmhm.shtml

6 Sage Locations

Dive Cave Reward + New Language Blocks.

I have no clue what they say. You have limited breath (tiles moved) to ascend to the 4th floor room.

Edited by Kaphotics
why did I say english when I meant japanese

I got my Raikou/Entei/Suicune and Celebi transferred over.

Finding the Zorua event wasn't so bad, but I haven't been able to find anything concrete about where to start the Zoroark event - anyone have any info on that?

So far all I've been able to find is a vague mention of a "Forest of Illusion" area, which sounds like it's a special area only for the Zoroark event, similar to Liberty Island.

Ummn I am Kanji stupid I know where the guy is for the Transfer Machine I know the phrase I just don't understand the menu The Staff

Easy for communication. is the phrase right? But how do I get to where the word is? I don't understand Kanji at all and I'm confused.

Also http://www.pokemon-gl.com/ doesn't work for me I tried clicking on the poke balls and nothing happens any help is appreciated.

Ravidrath quoted

I got my Raikou/Entei/Suicune and Celebi transferred over.

Finding the Zorua event wasn't so bad, but I haven't been able to find anything concrete about where to start the Zoroark event - anyone have any info on that?

So far all I've been able to find is a vague mention of a "Forest of Illusion" area, which sounds like it's a special area only for the Zoroark event, similar to Liberty Island.

@Ravidrath how did you do that?

I'm a bit stuck. I'm just outside of Thunder Stone Cave and can't go in...what do I have to do?

Go back into town, go to the bottom left corner where the shipping bay/warehouses are and you will see Cheren.

Why doesn't the pokéshifter work?

Currently you have to have a retail japanese cart of gen 4 (no flash cart). That + Flash/Retail of B/W = Pokeshifting.

It's region locked.

its all about percentage.

It is about the catch rate (a set number) and the ball's catch rate.

The battle RNG in B+W is weird, being static. A specific thrown ball's result will be the same if you rewound to a save state and throw it again on the same move.

Different balls may have different results, even if they have a lower catch rate # (1.5 v 2). Thats why Great ball was better than Ultra ball (for that turn at least :D)