Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanto starters for B&W PDW

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

Kanto starters for B&W PDW

On September 10th, a book called Pokemon Pia will go on sale in Japan.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%9D%E3.../dp/4835613562

This book will contain Pikachu earphones (neat, sorta!) as well as a password for you to enter in your Pokemon Global Link account to encounter one of the three Kanto starters (with different abilities) in the Pokemon Dream World (PDW) and sync back to your Black or White game save.

I plan on buying one, but you can only enter one password per account.... I think? (Can't find confirmation on that yet... actually, I really have no idea on this as there isn't any official word, I just heard it on other sites)

I have no idea how the passwords work. There may be millions of passwords that randomly generate one of the three starters upon being entered, or.... there maybe be only three universal passwords, one for each starter.
    (it appears they are each individual, not set passwords)

If you feel ambitious and want to try collecting one or more of these for the site, the Amazon.jp link is above.
    Also, if you find any more info about this event, feel free to post it here.

(See my thread about the Eeveelutions event for PGL/PDW for info regarding the PGL and backing up your save files.)
    Last edited by Guested; Sep 14th, 2010 at 06:30 AM.

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

Contributor - Event Event Contributor aquaguy34's Avatar

Pokemon Dream World - Kanto Staters password

Does anyone know the Kanto stater dream world passwords from Pokemon Peer???
    Last edited by Guested; Sep 14th, 2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Merged with existing post. Read around before making new threads, please.

Action Replay Researcher Riolu Aura Sphere Now's Avatar
    Riolu's Soul, Pikachu's Heart & Oshawott's Courage!

Re: Pokemon Dream World - Kanto Staters password

Pokemon Black & White haven't come out yet in Japan, so the passwords haven't come out either.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaguy34 View Post
    Does anyone know the Kanto stater dream world passwords from Pokemon Peer???
    I'm pretty sure each Password is different in the Book.

Only time will tell if you can reuse different passwords per-account. Either that, or we'll have to extract the data out of the saves once they've been acquired from the Dream World.

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

As Nigoli said, it appears that the the numbers are individual. They're also called "Serial Numbers" instead of passwords, so I believe that they do not repeat. It is highly doubtful that you can use the same password on more than one account, so I really don't think anyone would give you theirs.

If you want one, it looks like you'll have to:
    a) buy the book
    b) hope that the Japanese community is as ambitious as we are with analyzing any new sav file formats and extracting the data
    or
    c) hope that I'm extremely lucky with the three serial numbers I have.

Also, there's already a thread about this event, so I'm merging these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Guested View Post
    As Nigoli said, it appears that the the numbers are individual. They're also called "Serial Numbers" instead of passwords, so I believe that they do not repeat. It is highly doubtful that you can use the same password on more than one account, so I really don't think anyone would give you theirs.

If you want one, it looks like you'll have to:
    a) buy the book
    b) hope that the Japanese community is as ambitious as we are with analyzing any new sav file formats and extracting the data
    or
    c) hope that I'm extremely lucky with the three serial numbers I have.

Also, there's already a thread about this event, so I'm merging these threads.
    It appears that all other events got uninduvidual numbers. It would be apreciated if you would post your passwords (after you've used them ofc). This will confirm if the numbers are individual in this event too, as well as being a better way of contributing than posting a .sav or a way of hacking it to the high link.

Re: Kanto starters for B&W PDW

What do you mean by "all other events" ?
    Croagunk and the Pikachu Skin were single passwords. This event, and the other two sets of upcoming starters are both one-time-use serial numbers (not passwords). My serial numbers can no longer be used.

I meant pikachu and croagunk

Managed to get these two in trading, not sure of the full legitness as I did not catch them in Dream World myself. Use at your own risk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by buzzthebatgirl; Nov 3rd, 2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Those appear to be okay, but until Dream World algorithm can be determined, these cannot be confirmed.
    And without knowing the source, they are unable to be proven to be legal/actual.

Even tho this is not a proof, I exoect them to legit since the nature doesn't match the iv's and the iv's are generally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by war-lord View Post
    I exoect them to legit
    ...What?
    since the nature doesn't match the iv's
    ...what?
    and the iv's are generally bad.
    Still doesn't mean anything since we don't know anything about the Dream World PID algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by Guested View Post
    ...What?

...what?

Still doesn't mean anything since we don't know anything about the Dream World PID algorithm.
    what no. 1:

They seem legit

what no. 2:

the iv's doesn't benifit the nature.

Super Moderator Translation ContributorDeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherRAM ResearcherIRC AOPEvent ContributorSuper Moderator

we have no idea if they're legit or not, though. and someone looking to fake would make the IVs low/non-beneficial to make it more believable.

it's still appreciated, but we really can't say fro sure either way.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzthebatgirl View Post
    Managed to get these two in trading, not sure of the full legitness as I did not catch them in Dream World myself. Use at your own risk
    I can confirm that these two are legit, I just went into Random Wifi with them and passed the "legit Pokemon" check that's in the game and was able to get a a match with someone.
    I will post a video after I come back from work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast