Pokeathlon~

Sabeta

http://www.pokemon.com/us/games/strategy/vg_strategy-excel-at-the-pokeathlon/

I originally thought, that a Pokemon's Pokeathlon stats were 100% determined by the Hex Values of a Pokemon. It seemed Deceptively simple. 5 Stats, each with a value from 1-5. We know that Nature influences these, and so does ApriJuice. Technically though, it should be possible to create a pokemon whose Potential is maxed out. (The number of stars they have in any given stat.) But now I learn that Pokemon perform better on certain days than others. Where is this decided at? I know that there were some people researching this, so I decided to put this link here, since perhaps it will give people a better idea as to where to look. I don't think that it is any one byte; however, but perhaps the Contest Stats where simply Over-Ridden with this?

If anyone already knows the answers, can you tell me

1) Which values, if any, control a Pokemon's Pokeathlon Stats, as seen in a Hex Editor

2) How to Maximize these stats, even on a day where the stat is supposed to be low.

Or hell how is ALL of this determined, where does the game decide these things? Could it be related to PID?