My HM Slave Pokemon, what's yours?

empoleonmikel

When I started playing Pearl, i distributed the important HMs to ALL the pokemon in my party, i.e. each member of the team gets at least one of the HMs. That was before facing E4 and Cynthia.

My Team:

:bidoof: Empoleon - Surf, Rock Climb

:bidoof: Gyarados - Rock Smash, Waterfall

:bidoof: Roserade - Cut

:bidoof: Staraptor - Fly

:bidoof: Luxray - Strength

:bidoof: Palkia - no HM

After acquiring the National Pokedex, I made some new HMs slave pokemon and i'm currently using as follows:

:) Pinsir - Rock Climb, Strength, Cut

:) Skarmory - Fly, Rock Smash, Defog & TM70 Flash

:) Tentacruel - Surf, Waterfall

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I don't relegate Surf and Waterfall to HM slaves because both are usable... although the latter only became usable starting from D/P because before that Surf overshadowed it.

I have two HM slaves:

Tropius

- Cut

- Rock Smash

- Fly

- Defog

Bibarel

- Strength

- Surf

- Waterfall

- Rock Climb

That's all I need.

Bibarel for Cave stuffs and Starly for Defog/Fly , hatched piplup only for cut xD

@wraith89

nice set of HM slave xD .. i don't know that Tropius can learn fly .. after all, it doesn't have wings >_< (i don't know that the "2 big green leaf" is the wings , i thought those're only decorations >_< ) .. gonna try your sets later :) thx :)

Yup. Says right in it's dex entry that the leaves are wings, I think.

I usually have a starly for fly, defog, etc for the beginning. And I'm planning on having some type of water Pokémon to replace Bibarel's need.

Yup. Says right in it's dex entry that the leaves are wings, I think.

I usually have a starly for fly, defog, etc for the beginning. And I'm planning on having some type of water Pokémon to replace Bibarel's need.

Ouch. I wonder how you fly with a Starly. Do you grab on to his legs?

Trainer: "Starly, fly!"

*grabs legs*

Starly: "AIEEEEEE!" *Ow my legs!!!*

Tropius is more reasonable to fly with because you can ride on him :D

Bibarel for Cave stuffs and Starly for Defog/Fly , hatched piplup only for cut xD

@wraith89

nice set of HM slave xD .. i don't know that Tropius can learn fly .. after all, it doesn't have wings >_< (i don't know that the "2 big green leaf" is the wings , i thought those're only decorations >_< ) .. gonna try your sets later thx

Those things are wings... Tropius is part Flying if you didn't know :)

Check this picture out: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/5/53/Tropius_Fly.jpg

A Flying Dinosaur! ^_^

I have two HM slaves:

Tropius

- Cut

- Rock Smash

- Fly

- Defog

Bibarel

- Strength

- Surf

- Waterfall

- Rock Climb

this is cool. perhaps my skarmory & pinsir (both at level 98) will be released, and EV trained them accordingly :grog: on my way now to Canalave (Mr. Move Deleter!)

and thanks for all the responses. i hope that other members would share their "HM slave pokemon" as well :D

this is cool. perhaps my skarmory & pinsir (both at level 98) will be released, and EV trained them accordingly :grog:

and thanks for all the responses. i hope that other members would share their "HM slaves poke" as well :D

I hate having to have HM slaves in my team (although it doesn't matter if you're doing the One Pokemon Challenge or whatnot). Have your dream team of 6 Pokemon... not. You need those Pokemon to take part in your team while being almost useless in battle... and btw, Skarmory and Pinsir are very good in battle without any HMs, especially the former... so I would NOT keep any HM moves on them.

The only HM moves worth using in competitive battle are Surf and Waterfall... that's about it. Fly is also usable in game, now that it is 90 base power, but don't use it competitively.

If anything, remember that those two aforementioned HM slaves are all you really need. Tropius is a bit hard to find... I admit, but it took me one Safari Ball to catch one (and I found another one and caught it with one Safari Ball again... I don't know if that'll work for you though)...

I wouldn't teach Fly or Defog to my Staraptor... especially when she is viable competitively.

Ouch. I wonder how you fly with a Starly. Do you grab on to his legs?

Trainer: "Starly, fly!"

*grabs legs*

Starly: "AIEEEEEE!" *Ow my legs!!!*

Tropius is more reasonable to fly with because you can ride on him :D

LOL. There was a joke about that in a comic. But I agree, I love Tropius.<3

I don't mind using Starly as an HM slave since I like other Pokémon better, so I'm not likely to use him competitively. I agree Staraptor is good for battle, though.

LOL. There was a joke about that in a comic. But I agree, I love Tropius.<3

I don't mind using Starly as an HM slave since I like other Pokémon better, so I'm not likely to use him competitively. I agree Staraptor is good for battle, though.

What comic? You have to show that to me...

And I could say the same about Surfing Pokemon... let's go surf on a Zigzagoon! Great idea! *drowns*

What about Dive from RSE? Let's dive underwater!

Trainer: "...can't... breathe... clothes... getting wet!"

And while you are surfing... how do you fight with the Pokemon you are surfing on?

Trainer: "All right Empoleon, use Aqua Jet!"

*Empoleon rushes to the opponent's Pokemon*

Trainer: "YAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!"

Wow. I can't find it right now. Maybe it was a random pseudo comic on DA.o-o

LOL. Zigzagoon rocks though.

*Surfing on Lapras*

*trainer battle*DANANANA

GO! GOLEM!

"Gol-!!!"*sinks*

I've always wondered about the diving though.O_o;;

Bibarel, Graveler, and staravia. I dont train them cause they are all lame. I hate carrying them instead of my good pokemon though. -_-

I resent that! Seeing as how Golem is one of my favorite Pokemon. I mean sure, he doesn't have the best stats, but he's purely awesome. The Graveler stage isn't fun, but you still have to go through him to get to Golem. :\

Bibarel,Graveler, and staravia. I dont train them cause they are all lame. I hate carrying them instead of my good pokemon though. -_-

I beg to differ. Bibarel destroys stuff in competitive battles with his two amazing abilities. People underestimate him... but he works well as deterrents against stuff like Cosmic Power Clefable and all.

Graveler is okay in UU but probably not the best choice in OU because Rhyperior does what he does better. But Golem is a staple rock Pokemon in UU... and does his job well.

Staraptor... you've got to be kidding... this is the best Normal/Flying birds out there with Close Combat and Brave Bird to take down birds' common counters. I think he's tied with Swellow as the best physical normal/flying bird.

Pidgeot is far better than Starraptor. It would have better moves if it were a more common Pokemon in DPPt.

Erm... no. As much as I like Pidgeot, I know it is the worst bird the game has to offer. Check out their base stats and ability and tell me which one is the better one.

Here's a rant about Pidgeot <--- clicky

EDIT: I'll compare them for you

Name: Pidgeot Staraptor

Ability: Keen Eye/Tangled Feet Intimidate

HP: 83 85

ATK: 80 120

DEF: 75 70

SPATK: 70 50

SPDEF: 70 50

SPEED: 91 100

BST: 469 475

As you can see, Pidgeot loses out completely to Staraptor in every way other than defenses, but Intimidate helps out Staraptor's physical defense and Pidgeot isn't notable for surviving special attacks anyways.

Useful moves relative to the Pokemon:

Pidgeot: Brave Bird (bred from Staraptor -__-), U-turn, Pursuit, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Roost, Featherdance, Air Slash, Heat Wave

Staraptor: Brave Bird, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Pursuit, U-turn, Close Combat

Close Combat is what separates Staraptor from the other birds of his kind. Clearly Staraptor has the better advantage over Pidgeot.

It's false hope and favoritism. I wish it were a mix of the two; looks like Pidgeot, but has Starraptor's stats.

Yeah, the only hope Pidgeot has is a hold item that doubles her attack or special attack... like something called Crimson Plume or something. Pidgeot is one of my favorite birds too.

Lv. 100 Blissey with Surf, Fly, Defog and Rock Climb. :P

A Surfing and Flying Blissey? What?! O_O