1. 1. Which Starter

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually toughest for me to pick out of the original three. Whereas in the later versions I had always liked only one or two of the starters. Which the R/B I liked all three equally. I usually picked Charizard, cause I mean 90% of the Pokémon fan base did. He was just so awesome.

I played through those games several times when I was younger, and at one point or another I used each of them, but my favorite was always Bulbasaur. It was also fun to trade over the other two and play through the game with all three.

ive said this since day 1 (or at least when i was a bit more knowledgable) that you should always pick the fire starter (twisted fire starter.. yeah!) because fires are so rare when compared to water and grass pokemon. also water and grass are my least favourite types.

ive said this since day 1 (or at least when i was a bit more knowledgable) that you should always pick the fire starter (twisted fire starter.. yeah!) because fires are so rare when compared to water and grass pokemon. also water and grass are my least favourite types.

There are plenty of overpowered fire types throughout the game. Arcanine, Magmar, Flareon are all good examples. There isn't really an abundance of anything in just the first generation. And other than Venusar the only other good grass Pokémon are Vileplume and Scyther (whom is more so bug).

There are plenty of overpowered fire types throughout the game. Arcanine, Magmar, Flareon are all good examples. There isn't really an abundance of anything in just the first generation. And other than Venusar the only other good grass Pokémon are Vileplume and Scyther (whom is more so bug).

Scyther was terrible in RBY. Victreebel and Exeggutor were good, but unfortunately, the former was part Poison. Flareon was still terrible then...

Scyther was terrible in RBY. Victreebel and Exeggutor were good, but unfortunately, the former was part Poison. Flareon was still terrible then...

Perspective I guess. I just don't like Charizard being named the best overall fire Pokémon.

• 4 weeks later...