PDA

View Full Version : 3DS PowerSaves does not recognize Pokemon XY as well as other few games...

TokoyamiTheDark
Dec 12th, 2013, 07:49 AM
A friend of mine told me to buy a ''3DS Powersaves'', claiming this is THE AR for 3DS Games that can also backup save files. But even after doing everything correctly, the software still tells me to insert the game in the Powersave hardware...It doesnt recognise Pokemon X/Y at all as well as other few games...we think I got scammed 25$ for a non-working thing, and when I tried to call the company on their website, I got told the phone numbers were for USA residents only...:mad: Does anyone has the same problem as I do?

evandixon
Dec 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Pokémon X and Y has a new kind of save. A NAND save, which isn't meant to be accessed outside of the cartridge. A few other newer games (like the new Animal Crossing) also have a NAND save or another kind of save that currently cannot be accessed by any backup device.

Also, the 3DS Powersaves isn't an Action Replay. It adds power to your saves, meaning it will let you start with edited saves that contain extra items, for example. (Since I don't have any kind of powersaves, I don't know if it lets you edit existing ones or not).

Megadrifter
Jan 8th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Much people think it's compatible with any games, but the list of compatibility is on their official website (https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/). You can't do more than they let you do. Even in this list, there are some games that don't work.

Its features are : backup saves from games in the list, insert Powersaves on the cartridge and create your own Powersaves with kind of "codes" you check before you insert it as a Powersaves on your game. I didn't get any opportunity to use the last one, cause I don't have a game they can give us codes for.

In the list of compatibility, their are games for which you can only backup saves. Not very interesting.

Maddaren
Feb 12th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Look, you all... Let's be sincere...

I managed to make it work with my Y copy of this game but strangely not with my X. Now there's a question that won't shut up: Is the fact the 3ds powersaves device supposed to work only with certain game carts or not them all? I saw that now it's compatible but only managed to cheat on my Y... Toughts?

Edit: This is what i get every try of connecting my X cartridge on Powersaves 3DS. Note that My Y version still works. Any Thoughts?
http://i61.tinypic.com/2dj2rzs.png

Kaphotics
Feb 12th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Other people have not gotten their X to work, but Y does.

Give Datel some time to fix support for X!

Maddaren
Feb 12th, 2014, 04:29 PM
How longer, maybe, Kaphotics?

Kaphotics
Feb 12th, 2014, 05:00 PM
I don't work for Datel... just be patient and they'll update eventually.

theSLAYER
Feb 12th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Look, you all... Let's be sincere...

I managed to make it work with my Y copy of this game but strangely not with my X. Now there's a question that won't shut up: Is the fact the 3ds powersaves device supposed to work only with certain game carts or not them all? I saw that now it's compatible but only managed to cheat on my Y... Toughts?

Edit: This is what i get every try of connecting my X cartridge on Powersaves 3DS. Note that My Y version still works. Any Thoughts?
http://i61.tinypic.com/2dj2rzs.png

In any case, are you using Windows 8?
If you are, you might want to consider trying these settings
(right-click > Properties > Compatibility tab):

<If Possible, select "Change settings for all users">

Compatibility Mode
[✓] Run this program in compatibility mode for:
[Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)]

Privilege Level
[✓]Run this program as an administrator

Even though it's a different program, these settings managed to fix my usage of R4i dongle.

Maddaren
Feb 12th, 2014, 06:08 PM
No, I am using Windows 7

Edit: Tried this on Windows 7 Without success... :(

theSLAYER
Feb 13th, 2014, 06:55 AM
After basic troubleshooting, I'll say it's definitely Datel's issue.

EDIT:

Anyway, do you mind sharing your Pokemon Y save?
It'll be good to see the data of the save, as I don't have a 3DS PowerSaves.
(might help with wondercards or save editing?)
Only if you're willing :)

I read on gbaTEMP the save is stored here:

The files are stored under C:\Users\????\Powersaves3DS, where ???? is your Windows username.

Maddaren
Feb 13th, 2014, 07:12 AM
After basic troubleshooting, I'll say it's definitely Datel's issue.

EDIT:

Anyway, do you mind sharing your Pokemon Y save?
It'll be good to see the data of the save, as I don't have a 3DS PowerSaves.
(might help with wondercards or save editing?)
Only if you're willing :)

I read on gbaTEMP the save is stored here:

The files are stored under C:\Users\????\Powersaves3DS, where ???? is your Windows username.

Okay, Wait a minute...

Edit: Here You Go... https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0B9eNEYc0qQFZb2J2YUthUGhiRE0

theSLAYER
Feb 13th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Okay, Wait a minute...

Edit: Here You Go... https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0B9eNEYc0qQFZb2J2YUthUGhiRE0

At first glance, I can't make sense of the save; it's probably encrypted.

Maddaren
Feb 13th, 2014, 11:21 AM
No problem. I sense a Maintenance coming up from the Powersaves 3ds Servers. I think it will solve the issue. Who knows?

Edit: Tried this time to function with Pokémon X, Same Issue.

Maddaren
Feb 13th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Something strange happened. My Powersaves 3ds connects, loads, disconnects due to an error, reconnects and it goes on. Why this is happening?

Downhill
Feb 13th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Uninstall Powersaves and reinstall it, it works fine for me with Pokémon X.

Maddaren
Feb 13th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Tried this without success! Maybe my Powersaves 3ds is broken... Is there a way to fix it? :'(

TokoyamiTheDark
Feb 14th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Tried this without success! Maybe my Powersaves 3ds is broken... Is there a way to fix it? :'(

It now works as Codejunkies added a few codes for both games, but it doesn't seem to reckognise my X version at all xD

Problem solved, this thread can now be closed :)

Cynor
Feb 14th, 2014, 07:56 PM
It now works as Codejunkies added a few codes for both games, but it doesn't seem to reckognise my X version at all xD

Problem solved, this thread can now be closed :)

I don't know if I'd call that problem solved :P Though it seems to be a pretty common thing for some reason, as I'm seeing a few posts of that. Including myself, which is highly annoying as I specifically bought this for the ability to backup saves. Always been a peeve of mine with pokemon that you only got one save...

Girantina81
Feb 16th, 2014, 12:50 AM
The support for Pokemon X has been already mentioned to be patchy, but I have had occasional success in backing up, modifying and restoring saves. As some on GBATemp have suggested try licking the gold contacts of your cartridge, I know this sounds peculiar but it has worked for me in the past. I did corrupt my X save though and it took two hours of plugging the cartridge in and out, cleaning it and trying over and over again to get it restored. I have pretty much just given up and ordered a copy of Pokemon Y for future use...

codem8kr
Feb 16th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I can confirm that it does indeed work with both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I use UK versions of the games, so I dont know if its only having problems with other regions.

I uploaded a video to show that it does work. I modified my money, pokemiles and items. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of options as of now, but I have hope that there may be an option to encounter shiny pokemon, like in past action replay's.

Link to my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-V64dptiBM

Maddaren
Feb 17th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Has someone other than me experiencing this?

http://i61.tinypic.com/2pr9z0i.png

after this it shows insert cartridge, and the main screen appears and starts all over again!

How to Fix, anybody knows?

theSLAYER
Feb 22nd, 2014, 01:18 AM
I'm experiencing the error where it says unsupported game in cycles.

my other games can backup and restore, but no codes appear.

codem8kr
Feb 22nd, 2014, 07:11 AM
mines is still working okay. One of my friends says that his has stopped too...wonder whats going on

theSLAYER
Feb 22nd, 2014, 07:23 AM
mines is still working okay. One of my friends says that his has stopped too...wonder whats going on

Hmm, in that case I'm curious, what are the details in your XML file,
specifically referring to "Region"?

Mine is "REGION_EU" (just trying to see if that's one of the issues).

codem8kr
Feb 22nd, 2014, 07:43 AM
Same. Mines is REGION_EU

<VALUE val="REGION_EU" name="region"/>

theSLAYER
Feb 22nd, 2014, 07:47 AM
Same. Mines is REGION_EU

<VALUE val="REGION_EU" name="region"/>

If the license key is messed up, will Pokemon-backing up still work?

While I've been using my license key, I kept reading online about this guy who got a "US" license key from Datel.
I don't see how it can matter (since powersaves is supposedly region free and all), but just a quick question :/

I've been annoyed that every computer in my household isn't reading Pokemon Y,
and there are not code or saves loading for Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3DLAND, SMBros 2 etc.

I'm OCDing about finding the root to the problem -.-

codem8kr
Feb 22nd, 2014, 07:54 AM
The License key shouldn't be the problem. It might just be a problem on their end.
Sorry i can't be more help.

theSLAYER
Feb 22nd, 2014, 07:59 AM
The License key shouldn't be the problem. It might just be a problem on their end.
Sorry i can't be more help.

Hey no issue! I'll rather it be their end.
Who knows, maybe I'll get to use it tomorrow ><

RandyOrton2014
Feb 22nd, 2014, 07:24 PM
Hey, I just got the Power Saves device today. And Im having issues loading up codes for my games, I keep getting on and off screens when I try in my Pokémon XY games. But when I try out Mario Kart 7, it stays in that 3 column screen but I see 2 exclamation points on the powersaves and codes section. What does this mean??? Is there something wrong with their site???

RandyOrton2014
Feb 22nd, 2014, 07:26 PM
Theres no codes loaded up on any of the games I insert, and I keep getting those same results. Whats going on here???

theSLAYER
Feb 22nd, 2014, 09:02 PM
Theres no codes loaded up on any of the games I insert, and I keep getting those same results. Whats going on here???

I just got mine yesterday, with the Same issues, I came to the following wild guesses conclusions:

1. Their server is down (cause no codes at all, 66.77.152.5 returns blank)
2. First use for nand games might require server access
3. Using Pal Powersaves on Ntsc games. Ntsc license key is required. (I read bout this one once )
4. Contacts not clean: use q tip and rubbing alcohol.

One, some or all might apply.
I still can't use mine successfully

RandyOrton2014
Feb 22nd, 2014, 09:22 PM
I just got mine yesterday, with the Same issues, I came to the following wild guesses conclusions:

1. Their server is down (cause no codes at all, 66.77.152.5 returns blank)
2. First use for nand games might require server access
3. Using Pal Powersaves on Ntsc games. Ntsc license key is required. (I read bout this one once )
4. Contacts not clean: use q tip and rubbing alcohol.

One, some or all might apply.
I still can't use mine successfully

OMG really??? I thought it was my laptop or my game or the device itself.
So when does it go back on? Ive been freaking out for the past hours trying to get an answer. Thought I was the only one. Lol.
I even posted a vid on Youtube of my problem.
Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abvzuiaUxm4

RandyOrton2014
Feb 22nd, 2014, 11:31 PM
I keep getting "no online content available" for any game I put. You have the same issue?

theSLAYER
Feb 23rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
I keep getting "no online content available" for any game I put. You have the same issue?

Yup.

Apparently the person I purchased it from told me that it is actually not region free :/

RandyOrton2014
Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Yup.

Apparently the person I purchased it from told me that it is actually not region free :/

What does that mean? Is urs working now? Im still having the same issue.
Did u buy urs from Amazon?

theSLAYER
Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM
What does that mean? Is urs working now? Im still having the same issue.
Did u buy urs from Amazon?

I bought off ebay.

I was told PAL action replay powersaves not compatible with US carts. (region locked = not region free)

It's not working yet.
waiting till email from datel.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:57 PM
I bought off ebay.

I was told PAL action replay powersaves not compatible with US carts. (region locked = not region free)

It's not working yet.
waiting till email from datel.

mm, I really hope its just something from their servers. cause I got mine on amazon, and I know people that bouht it there says it works. but im not getting much answers from other powersave users since yesterday

Maddaren
Feb 23rd, 2014, 03:41 PM
So it's just not only me who has this problem... Any way to solve this issue so far?

RandyOrton2014
Feb 23rd, 2014, 03:49 PM
So it's just not only me who has this problem... Any way to solve this issue so far?

Im having problems using powersaves. do u get like the red '!' marks on the powersaves and codes section? and says "no online content available"?

Maddaren
Feb 23rd, 2014, 03:51 PM
Yes.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

RandyOrton2014
Feb 23rd, 2014, 03:52 PM
Yes.

man, I was freaking out all day yesterday. thought I had wasted my money on this. lol.
was it working for u before yesterday?

Maddaren
Feb 23rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
It was some time ago, maybe two weeks ago

RandyOrton2014
Feb 23rd, 2014, 03:58 PM
mm, then it should be something wrong with datel's server.
u know anyone else having the same issue besides everyone on this thread?

Donny
Feb 23rd, 2014, 04:02 PM
Hey I have ordered one from Amazon on Friday to get the Latias and latios mega stones on pokemon x so is it going to work?

RandyOrton2014
Feb 23rd, 2014, 04:03 PM
Hey I have ordered one from Amazon on Friday to get the Latias and latios mega stones on pokemon x so is it going to work?

not at the moment. I just got mine yesterday, and its not loading up codes for any of my games

Donny
Feb 23rd, 2014, 04:06 PM
:frown: Amazon said it dosent come out until feb 25 and I'm getting it on the 27th I'm thinking datel is patching it as we speak

RandyOrton2014
Feb 23rd, 2014, 04:08 PM
:frown: Amazon said it dosent come out until feb 25 and I'm getting it on the 27th I'm thinking datel is patching it as we speak

I hope that's what theyre doing, and that my device isn't the issue. just their servers.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:11 AM
any news on ur guys' powersave device. mine still isn't working :/

codem8kr
Feb 24th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Ok, the red ! at the Powersaves part means that no content has been released yet. It's probably because it new and Datel just hasn't released any saves. You just need to ignore that part and go straight onto the codes section.

Are you all having problem with the codes?
As for the flickering problem after inserting your game into the Powersaves, take out the Powersaves device, blow on the USB, insert your game and then put it into your computer/laptop. Make sure the program is already running too.
Mines had the same problem. If it still flickers, contact Datel.

theSLAYER
Feb 24th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Okay guys, I got confirmation from Datel.

European Powersaves (the license key) + US Carts = No go.

Simply contact their support for the license key to be swapped.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Okay guys, I got confirmation from Datel.

European Powersaves (the license key) + US Carts = No go.

Simply contact their support for the license key to be swapped.

which email address do we contact em for the license key?

theSLAYER
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:21 AM
which email address do we contact em for the license key?

As of now e-mail here: Support@DatelDesign.com

Also their powersaves website *might* receive an update to facilitate license key issues.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:24 AM
As of now e-mail here: Support@DatelDesign.com

Also their powersaves website *might* receive an update to facilitate license key issues.

Theyre aware of the issue we're having?

theSLAYER
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Theyre aware of the issue we're having?

Yup. My Powersaves is already working.

The staff I was e-mailing said he's not part of support, hence he can't change it for mass public.
However they're aware of this issue.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Yup. My Powersaves is already working.

The staff I was e-mailing said he's not part of support, hence he can't change it for mass public.
However they're aware of this issue.

Are u using the old license key or a new one?
How did u get yours to work?

theSLAYER
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Are u using the old license key or a new one?
How did u get yours to work?

I was informed that my old license key will be updated to work for NA (basically they swapped the license key rights)

After that I just opened the re-enter my key, close the program, and open again and it works.

Maddaren
Feb 24th, 2014, 04:24 PM
So far i got no return from my e-mail!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

RandyOrton2014
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:00 PM
So far i got no return from my e-mail!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Same here Dx

Maddaren
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Patience.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:04 PM
They should've just made this new ar to connect to the 3ds instead of connectin it to the pc.
its so dumb

RandyOrton2014
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Ok, the red ! at the Powersaves part means that no content has been released yet. It's probably because it new and Datel just hasn't released any saves. You just need to ignore that part and go straight onto the codes section.

Are you all having problem with the codes?
As for the flickering problem after inserting your game into the Powersaves, take out the Powersaves device, blow on the USB, insert your game and then put it into your computer/laptop. Make sure the program is already running too.
Mines had the same problem. If it still flickers, contact Datel.

it still shows the red ! on the codes section as well

RandyOrton2014
Feb 25th, 2014, 03:15 AM
anyone's power saves working yet?...

Maddaren
Feb 25th, 2014, 05:40 AM
IS THERE A SITE WHERE WE CAN OBTAIN A FREE US LICENSE FOR POWERSAVES 3DS? I HAVEN'T RECIEVE RETURN FROM DATEL SINCE THEN!!!!!!!!!

codem8kr
Feb 25th, 2014, 05:54 AM
it still shows the red ! on the codes section as well

Have you contacted Datel like theSlayer suggested? If you're playing a US game and are using an EU Powersaves, you'll have to get a new license key from them.

IS THERE A SITE WHERE WE CAN OBTAIN A FREE US LICENSE FOR POWERSAVES 3DS? I HAVEN'T RECIEVE RETURN FROM DATEL SINCE THEN!!!!!!!!!

No. You'll have to wait for Datel to get back to you. Imagine all of the emails that they will be getting right now with people basically screaming at them that their Powersave doesn't work....you'll have to wait until they go through them and send you a reply.

Well my Powersaves has now been updated with more things. These include all the Evolution stones like Moon Stone, Dusk Stone, Shiny Stone etc. Also with the Heart Scale and the Destiny Knot.

qweoiuqweoiu
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:09 AM
got mine an hour ago. been trying since but im stuck with a flickering screen. dont think its about the license key region cause right now i got 3 keys and im pretty sure 1 of this is a US region key. and i also tried 2 japanese cartridge on all 3 keys and all of them work fine

RandyOrton2014
Feb 25th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Have you contacted Datel like theSlayer suggested? If you're playing a US game and are using an EU Powersaves, you'll have to get a new license key from them.

No. You'll have to wait for Datel to get back to you. Imagine all of the emails that they will be getting right now with people basically screaming at them that their Powersave doesn't work....you'll have to wait until they go through them and send you a reply.

Well my Powersaves has now been updated with more things. These include all the Evolution stones like Moon Stone, Dusk Stone, Shiny Stone etc. Also with the Heart Scale and the Destiny Knot.

I sent them numerous emails and no reply. I already gave em my license key and still no reply

RandyOrton2014
Feb 25th, 2014, 11:02 AM
got mine an hour ago. been trying since but im stuck with a flickering screen. dont think its about the license key region cause right now i got 3 keys and im pretty sure 1 of this is a US region key. and i also tried 2 japanese cartridge on all 3 keys and all of them work fine

Could u share everyone here the US license key?...

Reisyukaku
Feb 25th, 2014, 12:55 PM

Eh? I couldn't get my Jap cart to work. And I only have the one key that came with the device. Only my American cart works with it. How'd you get multiple keys?

qweoiuqweoiu
Feb 25th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Eh? I couldn't get my Jap cart to work. And I only have the one key that came with the device. Only my American cart works with it. How'd you get multiple keys?

ive been experimenting ever since i got the device. I ask my online friends for their codes. on code is from a friend who lives in germany and the other is from a friend who lives in canada. thats weird. jap cartridge works on mine. i think i have a japanese device xD

evandixon
Feb 25th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Could u share everyone here the US license key?...

No, I'm pretty sure the license key is non-transferable.

qweoiuqweoiu
Feb 25th, 2014, 01:58 PM
No, I'm pretty sure the license key is non-transferable.

hmm thats weird. maybe thats the reason mine isnt working.

I shared him 2 of the codes i have.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 25th, 2014, 02:03 PM
The problem must be datel's servers or whatever. Cant be the device or license key that has a problem...

theSLAYER
Feb 25th, 2014, 04:52 PM
hmm thats weird. maybe thats the reason mine isnt working.

I shared him 2 of the codes i have.

I tried using my license code on another computer.

No dice.

(It works fine on my laptop, but works no where else)

(For other viewers who are unaware. License code is region locked.
If license code is for different region, cart 2 saves including Pokemon X & Y backup/restore won't work, though normal carts can still backup/restore)

That's the conclusion I came to.

--

On another note, I confirmed that after restarting a game, you can load back the old file.

You can also have many pokemon deposited onto the GTS.
It's most likely when you deposit, your save receives a "queue number".
So without this queue number, you can't retrieve the same queue, and can deposit another one.

Which can bad news; whoever who can edit in a queue number can potentially hack another person's GTS,
assuming that the server doesn't check for OT/TID/SID against the queue number.

(queue number theory is pure speculation.
Though I've managed to send 3 of the same pokemon, each carrying different item, across to my new save.
just because pokebank doesn't allow shifting of items)

RandyOrton2014
Feb 25th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I tried using my license code on another computer.

No dice.

(It works fine on my laptop, but works no where else)

(For other viewers who are unaware. License code is region locked.
If license code is for different region, cart 2 saves including Pokemon X & Y backup/restore won't work, though normal carts can still backup/restore)

Im able to make backups for other games besides xy, cause I keep getting flickering screens wen I insert em. but I still cant get any codes to load up for any of my games

Borsatz
Feb 25th, 2014, 10:19 PM
i bought two of the damn things and i cant even get past the no hardware found bullshit. can any one help a brother out?
much appreciated.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 25th, 2014, 10:25 PM
i bought two of the damn things and i cant even get past the no hardware found bullshit. can any one help a brother out?
much appreciated.

Same problem here.
Wen u use pokemon x or y, u get like flickering screens huh?

RandyOrton2014
Feb 25th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Guys! Its working for me now! xDDD
LICK YOUR POKEMON XY CARTRIDGES!!!!!
Press it against your tongue to get a lot of saliva on it

RandyOrton2014
Feb 26th, 2014, 12:47 AM
http://gbatemp.net/threads/datel-powersaves-now-supports-pokemon-x-y.361711/page-11
theres the link that the licking method works

theSLAYER
Feb 26th, 2014, 01:36 AM
http://gbatemp.net/threads/datel-powersaves-now-supports-pokemon-x-y.361711/page-11
theres the link that the licking method works

Important question: any codes?

RandyOrton2014
Feb 26th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Important question: any codes?

Yes, the 999 any items (including getting the stone for lat/ios/ias), infinite money/pokemiles/bp/, and the make any pokes shiny code I got.

qweoiuqweoiu
Feb 26th, 2014, 06:26 AM
LOL. the licking method did work. i got mine to work once. after that the adapter started smelling like something is burning. then it broke. -_-

codem8kr
Feb 26th, 2014, 06:34 AM
License Keys are linked to whoever registers it with their email address. Once that key is activated, no one else can use it.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 26th, 2014, 10:43 AM
LOL. the licking method did work. i got mine to work once. after that the adapter started smelling like something is burning. then it broke. -_-

What??? Did u put too much saliva to ur cartridge?

qweoiuqweoiu
Feb 26th, 2014, 11:33 AM
What??? Did u put too much saliva to ur cartridge?

no i dont think that its too much. i even wipe it a little bit before putting it in the adapter. the cartridge is fine the only thing that broke was the adapter.

RandyOrton2014
Feb 26th, 2014, 01:08 PM
no i dont think that its too much. i even wipe it a little bit before putting it in the adapter. the cartridge is fine the only thing that broke was the adapter.

The power saves adapter?
Well, I just got an email from a support tech in Datel, they change the region of my license key to work on my US 3DS games.
Now my Pokémon XY, Mario Kart, Resident Evil loading up codes in the powersaves

Maddaren
Feb 26th, 2014, 04:17 PM
The Slayer lied to me saying that the user from Datel Design Support replied faster and i thought it was immediate but since then i got no Reply from them... :'(

theSLAYER
Feb 27th, 2014, 03:45 AM
The Slayer lied to me saying that the user from Datel Design Support replied faster and i thought it was immediate but since then i got no Reply from them... :'(

did I now?

Where in this thread did I say faster or immediate? -.-

Anyway I've just sent an e-mail to them regarding the "site update" I was supposedly told about. might take at least 6 hours to get their reply (For me)

Mega Mewtwo X
Feb 27th, 2014, 03:48 AM
which one is everybody using? Powersaves 3DS from December or the pro version coming out in 2 days?

theSLAYER
Feb 27th, 2014, 03:55 AM
which one is everybody using? Powersaves 3DS from December or the pro version coming out in 2 days?

I'm using Powersaves 3DS. Which btw is the same product as pro except repackaged.

Mega Mewtwo X
Feb 27th, 2014, 05:15 AM
I'm using Powersaves 3DS. Which btw is the same product as pro except repackaged.
How did you get access to X and Y though? Is there a update or the gamecode around?

theSLAYER
Feb 27th, 2014, 05:22 AM
After my license key was switched to US, screen stopped flickering and loaded the codes.
Only then I could do the backup.
Right now if the codes don't load first, and I do a backup, it might hang.

Anyway for all those with issues out there, please follow this.

contact directly support@codejunkies.com

Header:
Powersaves

With
-Email registered address with product
-License Key
-Region to change to

They will be dealt in priority. They need to send a new email as this is a different email addy (EU office hours).

Cheers

That's the reply I got.
E-mail them GO GO GO

Background story:
I was asking if the site with the requests are up yet, which the response I got was no.
He then gave me this info cause I told him many users have issues and yet to receive replies

qweoiuqweoiu
Feb 27th, 2014, 07:47 AM
After my license key was switched to US, screen stopped flickering and loaded the codes.

That's the reply I got.
E-mail them GO GO GO

Background story:
I was asking if the site with the requests are up yet, which the response I got was no.
He then gave me this info cause I told him many users have issues and yet to receive replies

well this works. after buying a new powersaves i still get the problem. looks like the one their selling near my location has a key that isnt NA. i just emailed them a few mins ago. They already changed the region of my key. If you email them after a few mins try using your powersaves. i havent recieved an email from them yet but the region has already been changed. so i guess they prioritize changing the region first before replying to your mail.

theSLAYER
Feb 27th, 2014, 08:05 AM
well this works. after buying a new powersaves i still get the problem. looks like the one their selling near my location has a key that isnt NA. i just emailed them a few mins ago. They already changed the region of my key. If you email them after a few mins try using your powersaves. i havent recieved an email from them yet but the region has already been changed. so i guess they prioritize changing the region first before replying to your mail.

At least it works!
(I thought it was hilarious that they change it without replying, but at least they changed it aye)

qweoiuqweoiu
Feb 27th, 2014, 08:21 AM
At least it works!
(I thought it was hilarious that they change it without replying, but at least they changed it aye)

yeah its almost an hour now and i still hasnt recieved a message from them. BTW thanks for the info

Maddaren
Feb 27th, 2014, 10:07 AM
It Worked For Me!!!!

It was my e-mail that had a typo... i typed my email with .comq and they corrected.

BTW, Do not accept the automatic 3DS Latest update or else no codes will work!

Cheers, and Thank You, The Slayer!!!!!

Update: I figured out that i got the infinite items to work after the update, don't know why.

theSLAYER
Feb 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM
It Worked For Me!!!!

It was my e-mail that had a typo... i typed my email with .comq and they corrected.

BTW, Do not accept the automatic 3DS Latest update or else no codes will work!

Cheers, and Thank You, The Slayer!!!!!

Update: I figured out that i got the infinite items to work after the update, don't know why.

Aren't your Maddarena on gbatemp? (there were clues all over, but this sealed the deal(

Anyway great to hear that :)

Maddaren
Feb 27th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Aren't your Maddarena on gbatemp? (there were clues all over, but this sealed the deal(

Anyway great to hear that :)

Yep. That's me the only and one Maddarena, From Brazil!

Case closed for us! WE DID IT!!!!!! :grog:

og47
Mar 4th, 2014, 09:05 AM
hi, i also fixed the region lock thing with the steps TheSLAYER pointed out, thx on that. now my issue is that after i insert the cartridge it starts updating and then after 20 seconds or so, i get a hardware error code. then i tried again and pressed the back up button and im now stucked for like 20 minutes in the reading cartridge please do not remove, is this normal? thx

theSLAYER
Mar 4th, 2014, 09:21 AM
hi, i also fixed the region lock thing with the steps TheSLAYER pointed out, thx on that. now my issue is that after i insert the cartridge it starts updating and then after 20 seconds or so, i get a hardware error code. then i tried again and pressed the back up button and im now stucked for like 20 minutes in the reading cartridge please do not remove, is this normal? thx

I don't have solutions for hardware error, besides cleaning your cartridges properly with a q tip and small amount of alcohol, before use. (allow it to dry first)

In my experience, if the codes don't load, don't attempt to back up.
Let the codes load first.

og47
Mar 4th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I don't have solutions for hardware error, besides cleaning your cartridges properly with a q tip and small amount of alcohol, before use. (allow it to dry first)

In my experience, if the codes don't load, don't attempt to back up.
Let the codes load first.

so i just pull the cartridge out? wouldnt that corrupt my save?

codem8kr
Mar 4th, 2014, 10:50 AM
so i just pull the cartridge out? wouldnt that corrupt my save?

No. This has happened to my one several times. Most of the time, I end up just restarting my computer without touching the Powersave or the game cartridge.

og47
Mar 4th, 2014, 11:20 AM
ty, but now i keep getting the no hardware error, i tried with another cartridge of pokemon x and worked, any clues?

theSLAYER
Mar 4th, 2014, 11:56 AM
ty, but now i keep getting the no hardware error, i tried with another cartridge of pokemon x and worked, any clues?

clean your cartridge.

Reisyukaku
Mar 4th, 2014, 12:05 PM

That's the reply I got.
E-mail them GO GO GO

Background story:
The first email I sent a few days ago was just through one of those fill out forms on their site.. dunno if it ever got to them or not, so I just sent one to that email. Lets see if they reply now. Hopefully this email doesnt lead to the furnace too.

krskull
Mar 5th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Hey all, I'm having a slight problem with my Power Saves 3DS, and I want to know if anyone else is having this problem as well. I inserted my Pokemon X into the Transfer Dock, and it tried to load all of the usual things for it, but after about 10 seconds, it says that there isn't any hardware attached to the computer. It works perfectly fine with my Pokemon Y, and even with all of my other 3DS games, so it seems to be an isolated case on my end.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a different thread for such a minor issue. Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated

Reisyukaku
Mar 6th, 2014, 12:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fptcwYH.png

My hopes and dreams are crushed ;-;

I replied back asking if I could just get a 2nd key then since there are people that have gotten the jap games to work on it, so theres gotta be some kind of support for them.

iLateralGX
Mar 6th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Hey all, I'm having a slight problem with my Power Saves 3DS, and I want to know if anyone else is having this problem as well. I inserted my Pokemon X into the Transfer Dock, and it tried to load all of the usual things for it, but after about 10 seconds, it says that there isn't any hardware attached to the computer. It works perfectly fine with my Pokemon Y, and even with all of my other 3DS games, so it seems to be an isolated case on my end.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a different thread for such a minor issue. Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated

Created an account just to tell you I have the exact same problem so you don't feel like you are the only one with this oddly specific issue.

I've heard many people talking about the "No Hardware Found" issue but never the "It detects the damn cart for 10 seconds THEN decides it doesn't exist" issue.

I'm not to sure about licking the thing and don't have rubbing alcohol anywhere so those aren't really options. Plus the cart is new I doubt it's not clean. I have heard many people talk about the issue detecting X though, and judging by how your Y works I think that may be what you and me have run across.

theSLAYER
Mar 6th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Created an account just to tell you I have the exact same problem so you don't feel like you are the only one with this oddly specific issue.

I've heard many people talking about the "No Hardware Found" issue but never the "It detects the damn cart for 10 seconds THEN decides it doesn't exist" issue.

I'm not to sure about licking the thing and don't have rubbing alcohol anywhere so those aren't really options. Plus the cart is new I doubt it's not clean. I have heard many people talk about the issue detecting X though, and judging by how your Y works I think that may be what you and me have run across.

Oh trust me, just because it's new doesn't mean it doesn't need to be cleaned.
As long as you have girl in your house, even nail polish removal works (I used that).

IT's either not cleaned, wrong license region, or both. (I got both)

Though there's presently a new hardware issue, which I haven't suffered from so no advice there.

Hide
Mar 6th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Hey there,

I got my Powersaves 3 days ago, and I had issues; most of them were similar to those described on this thread, but I got it solved.

First of all, I sent an email to check if my license matched the region of my game. I provided my region, email and license key. The company took 3 days to answer (after 4 tries); so don't worry, they take their time to reply, but they will likely help you (I think).

My region was OK. Still, I couldn’t backup anything:

Sometimes the software would not detect the game
And when it did, the screen got stuck for hours "reading" the cartridge (nothing happened)
On occasions the window started blinking as if some bug took place

Alright, you should know that Powersaves requires internet to work; if you do not have internet, it won't work properly, so make sure you have internet. You will have to do this:

Download the newest software; they released v 1.14, around 2 days ago. Remember to get the version that corresponds to your OS
Once you install the software, run the application with administrator privileges
Plug Powersaves without the cartridge
Load the cartridge
Wait until the the app checks the internet and finishes looking for the “saves” and codes. You will know it's done loading internet stuff once you can see the codes; ATM I have not seen any “saves” available for download, so the "Powersaves" tab will display something like a red "(!)"
ONCE everything has finished loading, hit "backup game". You'll see the app working; it takes around 3-5 minutes

If it doesn't work, restart the application and redo step 5 very carefully.

And that’s it.

-Hide

iLateralGX
Mar 7th, 2014, 09:11 PM
As long as you have girl in your house, even nail polish removal works (I used that).

Though there's presently a new hardware issue, which I haven't suffered from so no advice there.

Nah, as it stands I wont be able to get anything that could clean it for at least another week. Money and all that.

I did get an email from them saying that I may "own and alternate unsupported version of X" and that "We are hoping to release support for this release of the game very soon."

So it may be just that.

krskull
Mar 8th, 2014, 12:26 AM

Well, I just cleaned out the cart with the polish remover (thank you mother), and I'm still having the problem. My program is on V1.14, so it's not a software issue, either. I'm also not too sure about the "alternate version of X", because both my X and Y games are day one releases, but that could be the case. I'm just glad that I'm apparently not the only one with this issue

Meetra
Mar 8th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I am having the same problem as well, i have tried both my x and y cartridge, have tried alcohol and that did nothing as well. So im guessing its a reion key problem, i was curious if someone could let me try their us key to see if that will fix it, if it does not work with a us key then im going to return the dongle, since itd be about 2 weeks before i got a new one i would like to be sure.

iLateralGX
Mar 8th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I am having the same problem as well, i have tried both my x and y cartridge, have tried alcohol and that did nothing as well. So im guessing its a reion key problem, i was curious if someone could let me try their us key to see if that will fix it, if it does not work with a us key then im going to return the dongle, since itd be about 2 weeks before i got a new one i would like to be sure.

Pretty sure it was established that sharing license keys was a bad thing to do. Not sure if it was this tread or another. Makes the key not work anymore or something.

That and it's never a good idea to share such a thing over the internet anyway.

Meetra
Mar 8th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Ive heard theres a problem when you use a different email- key combination, but no problem using the key in multiple places. But i agree, i have nothing against anyone who does not, id just rather know for sure before having to send it back and wait a couple weeks to get a brand new dongle. And also was hoping for it to be emailed or sent someway that it isnt just broadcasted on a forum lol.

Champloo
Mar 11th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Just thought I'd put some input, they just came out with v1.15 which completely fixed the connection issue I was having with my Pokemon X cartridge (for me anyways)

Maybe it should be working for everyone else :)

krskull
Mar 11th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Just thought I'd put some input, they just came out with v1.15 which completely fixed the connection issue I was having with my Pokemon X cartridge (for me anyways)

Maybe it should be working for everyone else :)
Yup, X works fine with me now. Glad that was patched :)

iLateralGX
Mar 11th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Can confirm mine works now too. SWEEEEEEEEET.

Champloo
Mar 12th, 2014, 04:28 AM
My apologies for the "noob" question, but am I right in assuming that anytime Datel is doing server maintenance the program will not work?

I ask because I went to back up my Pokemon X file and all it kept doing was keep trying to load the codes and what not. I initially thought that Pokemon X was having problems again so I tried Pokemon Y and it did the same thing. I uninstalled and re-installed the program several times and I kept getting the same issue.

So rather than assume that they're not working. Is it safe to say they're doing server maintenance...I mean I know it's 4:27AM so it might not be the most convenient of times to try to use it lol

Hide
Mar 13th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Well, it could be as you suspect; after all, it seems you do need feedback from their servers in order to work.

My apologies for the "noob" question, but am I right in assuming that anytime Datel is doing server maintenance the program will not work?

I ask because I went to back up my Pokemon X file and all it kept doing was keep trying to load the codes and what not. I initially thought that Pokemon X was having problems again so I tried Pokemon Y and it did the same thing. I uninstalled and re-installed the program several times and I kept getting the same issue.

So rather than assume that they're not working. Is it safe to say they're doing server maintenance...I mean I know it's 4:27AM so it might not be the most convenient of times to try to use it lol

Mega Mewtwo X
Mar 13th, 2014, 05:31 AM
is it me or is the codes for diancie gone?! D: I think nintendo has told Datel to take it down :(
everyone check and see if you still have the codes

Edit: Confirmed its gone as of today :( along with latiosite and latiasite and AZ Floette

Not my video but only one I could find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVGxoGeVB88 credits go to this guy

Hide
Mar 14th, 2014, 02:16 AM
There's a chance to retrieve the codes, everything is stored in a local folder within your PC. -Perhaps- if somebody has not updated his/her XML code list (i.e. has not run the app since the codes were acquired) this person could save them and put 'em to use.

Still, taking such codes down is really low; the use of your property shouldn't be limited just like this.

is it me or is the codes for diancie gone?! D: I think nintendo has told Datel to take it down :(
everyone check and see if you still have the codes

Edit: Confirmed its gone as of today :( along with latiosite and latiasite and AZ Floette

Not my video but only one I could find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVGxoGeVB88 credits go to this guy

- Hide

OmegaDonut
Mar 14th, 2014, 05:57 AM
There's a chance to retrieve the codes, everything is stored in a local folder within your PC. -Perhaps- if somebody has not updated his/her XML code list (i.e. has not run the app since the codes were acquired) this person could save them and put 'em to use.

Still, taking such codes down is really low; the use of your property shouldn't be limited just like this.

Powersaves doesn't actually use codes in the sense that Action Replay did. The program simply gives you a list of cheats that their servers can apply by editing their save file, using specialized equipment (a farm of modded RAM-hacking 3DSes). If their servers don't offer the cheats, they won't apply them.

As for your property, all you own is a device that can send and receive data to the cartridge. It is Datel and their servers that do all the work, and they are well within their rights to decide what work they want to do with them.

Mega Mewtwo X
Mar 14th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Well some people still have the codes in their back up history. I wonder if you can extract that info

Aarux
Mar 15th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Unsure if this is the proper spot to ask, but is there any way to differentiate a forced Kalos shiny from a legit one? I've stayed out of trading shiny Pokemon lately due to the risk of receiving a forced shiny. I've been told trash bytes get changed, but no one I asked could actually provide any proof/confirmation from an expert. :/

OmegaDonut
Mar 15th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Unsure if this is the proper spot to ask, but is there any way to differentiate a forced Kalos shiny from a legit one? I've stayed out of trading shiny Pokemon lately due to the risk of receiving a forced shiny. I've been told trash bytes get changed, but no one I asked could actually provide any proof/confirmation from an expert. :/

Aside from obvious hacks (Xerneas, Yveltal, Celebi etc. are all shiny-locked), there is no way to differentiate them. Trash bytes are not involved.

Mega Mewtwo X
Mar 16th, 2014, 03:58 AM
yeah, trading shinies has become useless now. I been collecting shinies, but ONLY MINE with my ot and no "Ash", "Red" "Dawn" "X" etc, ever since hacking shinies became more widespread around gen 4

geraldpunk
Mar 17th, 2014, 07:13 AM
How do you fix "Unsupported Game" error? I'm using Pokemon X.

EDIT: Fixed.

DarkCarbink
Apr 6th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I'm starting to wonder if it's a waste of money now there's no Diancie..

cmw0399
Apr 12th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Right, guys i just orders my powersave and it has arrived today it is i UK powersave and all my games are from uk (as i live there) and i have correctly installed everything but i put either of x and y in and i just get that unsupported game and its really getting on my nerves now can anybody please help me

cmw0399
Apr 12th, 2014, 07:30 AM
How did you fix it ?

Maddaren
Apr 12th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Hi, i have a troubleshooting for you to solve...
Right Now, i had made a Houndoom Top IV 5 No Attack Shiny hatched In Kalos, and i want to know if i battle with it online and save a video on my Vs Recorder, will i be able to make it public? Although Bank accepts storing on its servers and can be battable online...
Just so to know further. Nothing else.

supermariorick
Apr 25th, 2014, 01:51 AM
How do you fix "Unsupported Game" error? I'm using Pokemon X.

EDIT: Fixed.

how did you fix the error? please do tell as others are having the same problem and are in this thread looking for answers.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

heuler012
May 27th, 2014, 05:36 PM
This is seriously bullshit. Either the Servers are having troubles due to some update of X/Y they messed up or somethingelse went bongus. Cause it´s not possible that so many users have the same problems.
So let´s rekap what we know:
1. Then we plug the game in it seems to be loading for abit and then we get little read warning triangles on codes and search online for 0,5 secs before we are looped back to the "insert" screen which repeats to load and loop us back to the "insert".
2. Briefly for just a moment u can see a rue warning sign which is so fast gone that its barely even noticable and u cant even read it.
3. We all tried the common tricks to make it run like reinstalling, blowing, plugging out and in (and some maybe even tried that cleaning stuff and other shit which i would never do).

So all in all i can only conclude that datel messed something up latly, cause for me it worked on 23-24.06.2014 (though i had to plug it in afew times to get a stable connection, so maybe the problems there alrdy active)

And for the record I have Y, so they cant tell us again that it has sth. to do with the Version.
I don´t mind if they have trouble with Y/X and try to fix it. What really is grinding my gears is that they dont feel any need to inform us about it! If they have troubles a quick "Troubles with these games currently, working on it" on the software site would be all they need to clam me down. But like this the users worry about things like "Is it broken alrdy? Is something on my pc that blocks it? Do i need to clean it?" ect. (For me it was like "Did i plug it , or the game, out and in to many times, while doing EV Items and Candy?? " though i only got it like 2 weeks)

I wrote serveral Mails to them today, cause as i alrdy read they dont seem to take the customer service really serious. So I hope they will at least make some anouncement that sth. is not alright with X/Y currently so that we at least have ceratainy or they fix it in afew days.

Reisyukaku
May 27th, 2014, 06:20 PM
*tl;dr*

what are you even talking about? It works perfectly fine. If at any time the codes go down, its usually for maintenance.

heuler012
May 28th, 2014, 10:17 AM
what are you even talking about? It works perfectly fine. If at any time the codes go down, its usually for maintenance.

Well, it wasnt just the codes. I couldnt acess my old back up data either , due to being looped back to the "insert.." screen. If it was only due to maintance, then shame on me (need to check when i get home).

heuler012
May 28th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Nope still dosent work for me. keep getting the loop error. This is so frustrating .I bought it like two weeks ago and the game is even newer and now its broken alrdy? And the support from datel dosent even bother to answer my emails and I even tried to clean the game with sth.

Reisyukaku
May 28th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Nope still dosent work for me. keep getting the loop error. This is so frustrating .I bought it like two weeks ago and the game is even newer and now its broken alrdy? And the support from datel dosent even bother to answer my emails and I even tried to clean the game with sth.

cart is probably dirty

AllyKat
Jun 3rd, 2014, 12:46 PM
I just got mine today. It works perfectly!!!

EVERY YouTube video out there says that the ONLY reason for it not working is the cartridge being dirty. For newer Windows users do not forget about disabling Driver Enforcement. Its the only way I can use devices like this on my computer.

Hozu
Jun 3rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
I just got mine today. It works perfectly!!!

EVERY YouTube video out there says that the ONLY reason for it not working is the cartridge being dirty. For newer Windows users do not forget about disabling Driver Enforcement. Its the only way I can use devices like this on my computer.

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone using such a solution - it's not needed, and opens up your computer to potentially dangerous things. I HIGHLY recommend NOT doing that for any reason.

smitty
Jun 3rd, 2014, 05:11 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard of someone using such a solution - it's not needed, and opens up your computer to potentially dangerous things. I HIGHLY recommend NOT doing that for any reason.

Actually, it is a common event depending on the types of devices that you are using, especially among users of Windows 8 (it started in Windows 7 and has been tightened apparently in 8.) Unless the drivers have been vetted by Microsoft, you cannot install them unless you disable the driver signature requirement. It isn't much of an issue until you have to install drivers for things such as flash carts. For example, I couldn't use my original Game Boy flash cart until I disabled the driver signature requirement so that I could install the driver necessary to run the cart.

You are correct in that it can leave you open for malicious software, but the types of devices that usually require disabling the driver signature requirement are ones that kind of straddle the legality line already (such as flash carts.) It is a chance that you take. With that being said, I'm really uncertain if disabling this for Powersaves is necessary. Windows is not my primary OS (I use a Mac) and I am the only one who uses my computer, so my enforcement has been disabled full time by my own choice. However, I have not heard of anybody having to do this for Powersaves.

For those who are reading this to find a potential solution to your problems, most of the issues of constant cycling of the Powersaves software with Pokemon seem to be internet related (even with those who swear that it is not.) I have helped several people troubleshoot this problem on GBATemp. Sometimes it has taken just changing a firewall setting. Other times, people have just tried a different computer. However, if your cart is cycling when it comes to Pokemon X/Y and fails to bring up codes for other games, this indicates that it is an internet issue that needs to be resolved.

Oakling
Nov 22nd, 2014, 03:39 PM
Man, they need to learn to make these better. Sure, they're useful, but goddamn I nearly screwed mine up only days after getting it. MAKE LESS CHEAP DEVICES.

RustInPeace
Nov 28th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Man, they need to learn to make these better. Sure, they're useful, but goddamn I nearly screwed mine up only days after getting it. MAKE LESS CHEAP DEVICES.

The Powersaves is shaky, and I use it mostly for backing up my games, as that barely ever disconnects, unlike going to the Codes tab section. I read a lot about how getting a different USB cable would work. So I got one from Amazon, a longer one, which is good for me, and things are better, but not perfect. Good enough for backing game saves, booting cheats? Just hope the process is done fast, the longer it takes, the more I fear it would disconnect.

To be specific, the Powersaves does work with my X, Y, and OR. Haven't tried it on my AS yet. Oh and blowing on the device, that old school superstitious thing that magically makes any cartridge work. I do that with the Powersaves.