View Full Version : Black/White Attack edit
Sep 1st, 2011, 08:32 PM
I have been editing attacks using prc_bw. My goal is to make various 'useless' attacks that generally are not beginning moves (like tackle) have improved power, accuracy, additional affects, etc. I have recorded my changes thus far here:
Any constructive comments would be appreciated. I am especially concerned about making moves too powerful.
A few notes:
- A multi hit move with an additional effect-I think each hit has a separate chance to work, I still have not tested this.
- A move that hits multiple opponents will have a separate chance to work per opponent hit (tested)
- If I try to give separate probabilities to different stat boosts, like giving flame charge a 10% chance to boost attack as well, then all boosts are triggered as soon as one is, so it doesn't pan out.
If people want a patch for this, let me know and I will try and post one. If no one likes the edits, I will wait until they are better to release it.
Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
I´ve been doing a bit of this for my hackrom project which its in my signature and i have to say you are missing various attacks to fix like supersonic, splash, sweet kiss, poison powder, stun spore etc. Also remember that some moves are meant to be used in LC and for leveling up in the game, for example increasing tackle´s power more isnt a good way to go.
I think you can check that info about the multi hit accuracy in bulbapedia, but if im not mistaken they do have have their accuracy for each hit.
my opinions are inside this spoiler.
-aura sphere´s accuracy is 101? fighting its a great coverage tying it will be better at 80 power if its gonna drain life force. and i guess doesnt have the not miss part.
-aurora beam should be kept for decreasing how about making it the oppossite of ancient power? that will be rather more interesting with a 20% chance.
- i see barrage more as an steel type move rather than a fire one.
- bullet seed now is a leech seed? making breelom more broken anyone?
- No one uses blast burn or the likes in had planned increasing them to 180 like victini´s signature move in order to raise their use, thats all they need.
- comet punch as a psychic move really doesnt fit for me, rather be steel or a fighting move.
- chatter its ok at 75 or at max 80 i think. Cuz later if you put a gts you can give out special chatter pokemon like team´s rocket meowth.
- crush grip rather be 70 power and lower oponnent´s defenses
- cut fits the contrary thing of what you place it to do, i means its a cut and you bleed so why not place an every turn extra damage instead and for early game reasons rather be 60 power.
- defog should raise accuracy instead & drop opponent´s evasion.
- double kick its fine as a 35 move just combine it with the right abilities like adaptabilty and technician.
- double team nah its better as it orginally is.
- double slap critiing? dont like this, it hits 5 times.
- Drill peck seems ok and may help fearow but so many good pkmn have it that is not a good idea, but the power raise its ok.
- Dual chop not a necessary change.
- I like the egg bomb it fits very well.
- electroweb is also cool and fitting the theme of he attack.
- energy ball just needs a power increase to 95 to tie with the likes of thunderbolt and flametrower i mean is another prime element for god sake.
- feint already does that but i think at +1 priority which its already good enough specially with the power raise you did.
- increasing fiery dance? that attack its broken alone and volcarona its too god damn powerful already as it is, most people use stealth rock weak pokemon as leads anyway.
- the pledges are ok.
- trap moves like fire spin you can raise them like that to 40 or 50 but not increasing more of their trapping turns :/
- Fissure its a crack opening in the ground which when it happens causes chaos and CONFUSION which its what it should do instead.
- Fury attack and fury swipes not a good idea to increase attack alone in each hit.
- giga impact its ok like that but you should make it a 140 power attack then, to balance it out cuz many many pokemon learn it.
- guillotine with 100 power and a 20% flinch its ok.
- heavy slam was ok the way it was and so its heat crash and hyper voice.
I already got tired -.- there are still various other things that are too overpowered indeed focus only in fixing bad and unused moves but not overdoing them so. You first have to consider which pokemon learns each attack before changing them ito avoid making pokemon more Uber lol...things like feather dance which no one uses if could be change to +1 speed, special attack and accuracy will be more ideal and will raise its usage and so on instead of changing attacks that are already good such as meteor mash and others.
It seems to me (for the changes you made in here) that you still lack more experience in the 5th gen meta to truly understand what needs what in order to be better, but well its your project anyway and those are only my opinions. Feel free to pm me for any consulting or ideas if you want or just do polls about them on facebook with a wide number of other experienced players.
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks! That was very good. Thank you.
-101 accuracy is how never-miss-moves are indicated in the attack data.
- barrage I think fits better with the logic of egg bomb
- good point, even the low effect chance was terribly broken with technician (with regard to bullet seed)
-annoyingly, it does not seem to be possible to raise your stats and also drop your opponent's
- feint already has +2 priority, I am afraid that reducing it to +1 may mess with the effect
- fire spin was already set to 5-6 turns in the game data. however, it appears that the actual trapping turns is one less than that encoded, due to something somewhere else I guess, so it is actually 4-5 turns all along. thanks for pointing this out, though.
- Fury attack and fury swipes now have a 1% chance per hit, which should be sufficiently low.
Thanks for the advice. Conducting a poll does sound like a good idea.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.